Friday, December 21, 2018

May Your Days Be Merry & Bright...

Do you understand what it's like to be Jill, this close to Christmas?  On the last day of work before a 12-day break?  Still with 4 days to go before the big day, yet feeling like you can't contain the excitement RIGHT NOW??

Honestly, it's kind of not even that fun.  My stomach is in knots and I sometimes feel like I can't breathe.  That's how wound up I am.  I keep stopping and telling myself to calm the F down.  Why am I allowing myself to feel so nutty?? I am extremely prepared.  I have a whole weekend ahead of me to get food items  ready and tie up any loose ends.  I should be gearing down and moving into relax mode.

Sometimes being Jill, the 35-year-old who still feels like a 5-year-old at Christmas, isn't all snowflakes and snow angels.

But regardless.  It's my last day of work, and I'm incredibly excited to be off until January 3rd.  I'm super-pumped for the next few days of hollying & jollying, of course, but I also can't wait for the quieter days afterwards.  I have no Equity notes to write, I will have no bulletins for church to print, and no major obligations at all that I can think of.  I can't wait to just un-plug and re-charge.  I'm so ready.

It's raining today, washing away my beautiful snow and leading me to believe this could very well be a Green Christmas.  In the past, that would have totally ruined my mood, but I'm not going to let the weather affect me this year.  It's out of my control.  Christmas will happen, with or without the white stuff.  I can accept that.

I don't plan to be blogging over the holiday break, so I won't likely be back until 2019.  I'd just like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.  Enjoy the time spent with loved ones, eating, drinking, and being merry.  Soak it all up and savour it.  Have the best Christmas ever!!!

May your days be merry & bright,
And may all your Christmases...be white. 


.

No comments: