I confess... that I watched my first televised NBA basketball game last night. #wethenorth
I confess... that the above statement is not entirely true. Why do these games start so late?!? I watched until half-time (I'm not even sure if it's called half-time??) and then I fell asleep. I woke up with 4 minutes left in the game. But I saw most of the important stuff, I think.
I confess... that I thought Nick Nurse was a hockey player. He is not. He is the coach of the Toronto Raptors. (Thanks to my cousin Bucky for clarifying for me that Darnell Nurse is a hockey player.)
I confess... that I thought it was pretty sweet that Drake showed up wearing Steph Curry's dad's Toronto jersey. Say what you want about Drake being a distraction on the sidelines... I like his style.
I confess... that I was surprised how quickly I started catching on to "basketball stuff" after only watching one game (or, part of one game). I started getting the terms down, and I was picking up on who the players were. I might just become a basketball fan after all.
I confess... that really, truly, I just want in on that hype. That magic. You don't get this kind of experience every day. And I want in.
I confess... that I'm torn on what to do tomorrow. Peaceful day at home, or try to drum up a trip to the theatre to see Aladdin? Decisions, decisions...
I confess... that last weekend I had to bake cookies to fill an order that was won through the Canada Day Committee's auction held this past winter. And I've been thinking about those cookies all week. Perhaps tomorrow I'll bake cookies for me.
I confess... that watching my friend Stacy and her family perform to the Baby Shark song last night at the elementary school talent show was easily - easily - the highlight of my week. It was PRICELESS!!
I confess... that I'm ready for a weekend.
Happy Friday, friends!! :)
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
It's been a while, friends... it's been a while!! I'm still here, still reading your posts, just not much time to post anything myself. I thought today I'd take a couple of minutes and write out a bit of what's been going on in my world. Gonna try to keep it brief, bullet-point style.
- I'm not lovin' this spring. I don't usually ever love spring, but I'm extra not lovin' it this year.
- Our whole area has been effected by flooding which started way back in mid-April and the water is still high now, almost into June. Ugh.
- There was one day that things got extra hairy in our town. The dike they had built on Ferry Road was starting to fail, and there was talk of the whole town flooding. I spent several nights at my mom's (she's farther away from the river than I am), and I had dreams about floods for a week. I felt anxious and stressed, and I wasn't even directly effected. My heart goes out to all of those who were (and still are).
(Photos courtesy of Cheryl Dolan)
- We haven't seen a lot of sun in these parts lately. I'm normally a fan of dark, cozy, rainy days, but... I'm starting to itch for a little taste of summer.
- My lawn mower is broken. I've been very fortunate to have my cousin's husband come and cut my grass a few times for me, but man, I just want my lawn mower back.
- Oh, and I have allergies. I could just about rub my eyes out of my head these past few weeks. My eyes look like big red holes in my face most of the time.
- Those are all the reasons I mostly hate spring.
- I have finished watching Castle Rock, and gone through the first season of True Detective. (I'm skipping the second season, I hear it sucks.) Now I'm catching up on Shameless on Netflix. Watching Shameless is like putting on comfy ol' sweats. I love the Gallaghers.
- Movies I've watched and enjoyed on Netflix lately: Wine Country; Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile; and Get Out.
- I developed a deep crush on Zac Efron for the first time in my life. I've always thought he was too pretty... but somehow, as Ted Bundy, infamous serial killer, he hooked me. I might need help.
- I read The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom and LOVED it. I read another fluff book by RS Grey. Now I'm reading Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan. A friend recommended it and said she read it and watched the movie all within 24 hours. I haven't been quite so swept up in it, but it's decently entertaining thus far.
- I learned how to pronounce the name "Kawhi".
- Still haven't watched one basketball game, but I think it's really cool that the Raptors are finally doing so well. #wethenorth
- Lent is long over, but I've been maintaining my step goals by hitting 10,000 every day other than Sundays and holiday Mondays, and one other day that I just didn't get there. Still not losing any weight - that would be because all I want to eat is junk and carbs (hello, spaghetti) - but I'm physically feeling well because I move more.
- I have no cro-jo these days. The blanket I started a couple of months ago is a slow process, and most days I don't even pick it up. I think I need to find a new project.
- My credit cards are currently paid off, and I have put myself on an online shopping spending freeze. I'm only a few days in, but so far, so good. I'm not sure how long it will last - probably not long - but the idea is to build a little cushion in my bank account before buying anything else.
- I have a serious affection right now for hot french fries with salt & vinegar & ketchup from the chipstand.
- I really want to get to the theatre sometime soon to see Aladdin.
- And I'm also craving McDonalds.
I think that's about it for me right now! I'll try not to wait another month to post again. Hope you are all doing well! :)