Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Random Tuesday: It's almost time...


  • One week.  ONE WEEK.  I really can't believe this, you guys.  I feel like it was JUST November a second ago.  December always flies way too fast.  SLOW DOWN, my favourite time of year.  SLOW DOWN!!!
  • So. I had one last Christmas "task" that was weighing on me, and it is now mostly complete:  The wrapping.  It's one of my very favourite things to do, so I always kind of leave it until well on in December.  Well, this year, that was kind of a mistake.  I had intentions of having my Wrapfest last Saturday, but I ended up helping to serve a funeral luncheon and by the time I was done at that, I was wiped.  Saturday night I had a little party to go to, and on Sunday we had church and Danica's birthday party, so no time for wrapping.
  • I got at it last night, though.  I'm not entirely sure where I got my super Monday evening energy, but I got a TON of stuff done last night:  I did all the dishes that I'd been abandoning in the sink for the past few days (and emptied the clean stuff from the dishwasher that had been sitting for a week - I LOATHE emptying the dishwasher!!); I did laundry;  I put away the pile of clean laundry that has been growing in the spare room over the past few weeks (I LOATHE putting away clean laundry); and I wrapped a million presents.  A few little things left to wrap, but for the most part, that's a big CHECK!!
  • I usually go to bed around 10 pm.  Last night, I stayed up til 11 as I was determined to get that wrapping done.  Then I went to bed and lay awake for God knows how long.  It's happening... The little kid in me is coming alive, and it's getting harder and harder to sleep the closer we get to the big day!
  • One thing that I'm usually stressed about this time of year that I'm not this year?  Getting all my shows and movies watched.  I don't know how it has happened, but I've already got most of them done.  I still have to watched The Family Stone - it's a must - and The Muppets Christmas Carol.  And of course, the old Miracle on 34th Street on Christmas Eve day.  But otherwise... I think I've watched them all!
  • Tonight I will finish up the little bit of wrapping I have left to do, and then I'm planning to try making ginger snaps.  I have never made them before, but I bought molasses for the first time with the intentions of trying them out, and this will probably be the last chance to do that.  I hope they turn out!
  • I also hope to have a little bit of time to do some crocheting.  I have some last minute little gift add-ons and stocking stuffers I'm working on, and I'm hoping to get a few more done.
  • Tonight feels like it's the last evening of "down-time" before the weekend... tomorrow evening I have our annual Christmas movie & pizza party with my friend Lindsay and her family; Thursday evening is the Curling Christmas Hot Shots Party; and Friday evening is Christmas Caroling here in town. Saturday  I have no "set" plans, but I want to do my pre-Christmas grocery trip, get my games ready for Christmas Eve, take a load of gifts to my mom's, and deliver some treats.
  • AND THEN IT'S CHRISTMAS.  HOLY MOTHER.
  • I just want to push pause.  I don't want these days to go zooming by. I want to savour this, my absolute favourite time of year.  I want to hang on to it, I want to cling to it.  
  • That said, I'm also really, really looking forward to this week being over. LOL  How contradictory can a girl be, right?  But I'm craving the break, the downtime, the hygge of it all.  I'm anxious to just be lazy, sleep in, no alarm.  Binge on Netflix.  There are SO many movies and shows I want to watch!  Fuller House Season 4 will be a must, and there's a new season of Life In Pieces, which I love.  Of course, that will all come AFTER I finish New Girl, as it's leaving Dec. 31st.  There's also the Ellen DeGeneres comedy special, the Bruce Springsteen Live on Broadway special, Dumplin', I Feel Pretty, Passengers, new seasons of Wentworth and House of Cards... SO MUCH TV'ING TO DO!!!
  • Can you tell I'm ready for the holidays?  I'm so ready for the holidays.  I'm so ready to have 10 days off from work.  I'm so ready to sink into my winter hibernation mode.  So, so ready.  
How are you all doing?  Surviving the week before Christmas??  I hope you're all feeling as ready & as excited as I am! :)

No comments: