Thursday, December 13, 2018

The Wishlist: 2018 Edition

Well, folks, it's that time of year again!!  Time for me to share all the little hopes and dreams I have for what Santa might leave under the tree for me in 2018!!

*Disclaimer* As per usual, I know the best part of Christmas is the people around the tree, not what's under it.  And yes, as I get older, I definitely enjoy sitting back, sipping a coffee, and watching the kids open gifts more than I actually enjoy partaking in the opening myself.  In fact, I've "cut" presents with a few people and it feels good to let that part go.  But let's face it... a girl still has dreams, and wants, and needs.  Doesn't hurt to make up a little Wishlist for the big lad in red, does it??  I've been a pretty good girl this year!! ;)

Alright. Now that that part is out of the way, here are the items that made my Wishlist this year:

Books
I always need a few books, especially to fulfill the reading requirements for our book club selections.  This year, my book club requests are:
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris

Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate

I also asked for The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid, because I hear it's really good but it didn't make the book club cut.  Still want to read it.

Dishcloths
I know.  Can't get much more basic than this.  I'm not sure WHY I never buy new ones (or make my own, now that I know how to crochet!) - but I have used the same dingy, disgusting dishcloths for YEARS.  They need a revamping, in a major way.

Colour-Changing Mug
It's a silly little thing, but I have a mug fetish.  I can't resist them for some reason.  And I think the colour-changing mugs are so cute, especially this panda one.  (I also need to come up with a way to STORE all of my mugs, because lord knows there's no more room in my cupboards for them.)

The Crochet Stitch Bible by Betty Barnden
I prefer to follow patterns rather than watch Youtube videos when it comes to crocheting, and there is still so much I need to learn.  I've heard from other crocheters in the groups on Facebook that this is a crochet must-have.  

Starbucks Tumbler with straw
My sippy cups are always with me, I drink a ton of water in a day.  I got a big Starbucks one a few years ago from a friend, and it is by far my favourite of all my sippy cups.  I wouldn't mind getting a new one so I can throw out some of the el-cheapo Walmart ones that I drop and break all the time!

iTunes Gift Cards
These would never go astray.  I'm always downloading new music.  Getting it for free is always a bonus!!!

A Nutcracker
This is the new "breadmaker" of my annual wishlist.  Remember how long I asked for a breadmaker before I finally got one?  It seems the Nutcracker has taken it's place.  I feel like it's the only Christmas decoration I don't have.  (My friend Lindsay did give me one back in the fall... but it was a Halloween version. lol)  The thing is, I want a fairly large one, one that could stand beside my tree or in a corner, and be large enough that it's noticeable, but... they're expensive, yo.  I'm always keeping my eyes peeled for a nice one on sale.

Electric Hand Mixer
My hand mixer is probably the small kitchen appliance I use the most, and mine is sounding pretty sick these days.  I've been praying it survives the holiday baking! lol!  If Santa doesn't bring me a new one, it will definitely be something I go out and buy over the holidays.

A board game, like Clue
I don't know why - because I'm generally the one who has no desire to play board games - but I've been daydreaming about being hunkered down over the holidays, playing games all day with the kids.  I'd love to introduce them to Clue, I remember having a lot of fun playing it when we were kids.

Gift cards for the movies
Going to the movies is one of my most favourite things in the world to do.  I'm hoping to get to the theatre to see Mary Poppins over the holidays.  A gift card for the movies would never go to waste with me!

Essential Oils (Peppermint Halo)
Back at Thanksgiving, I had a headache and my sister put her Peppermint Halo stuff on the back of my neck.  I had a nap and woke up feeling a million times better.  I told her to buy me some, but she recommended waiting for it to to on sale.  I'm hoping it has been on sale at some point and might make its way under the tree. lol!

Ergonomic Shovel
I originally forgot to put this on my list, I didn't remember until it snowed the first time!!  My mom has one and I used it last year a few times at her place, and it made shoveling such a joy!!  I wish for one of my own!!

Immersion Blender
Another item that I originally forgot to put on my list, and didn't think of until soup weather hit!  I make a lot of soup in the winter, and I prefer pureed soups to chunky soups.  The one I have was a supreme el-cheapo and it didn't work AT ALL the last time I tried using it.  If it doesn't land beneath the tree, I'll be investing in a good one myself!

***

What is on YOUR Wishlist this Christmas?? Come on, I can't be the only girl in the world who doesn't mind the odd present or two! ;)

3 comments:

Annsterw said...

That is a great list of many practical items! HA! I also have a mug and sippy cup fetish! I am running out of room in the cupboards! It is a real problem! Must be a thing that they go hand in hand though! HA! Have a great rest of the week Jill!

Lindsay said...

Isn't it funny the way our lists become so practical now? I LOVE getting socks now for example! ha ha! It's something I hate to buy myself and so when I am gifted a pair it's great!

Nicole said...

Immersion Blenders are fun. That was one of the few kitchen items I didn't own. I do now. Now I'm really just missing a ricer and maybe one other thing. No joke. haha. But hopefully, you get one... you'll love it. And I wish going to the movies wasn't so darn expensive. I'm not sure if it is there... but I swear you have to take out a loan just to go here... okay I exaggerate but dang.