Wednesday, December 19, 2018

What I'm Loving Wednesday: All the Christmas things...

Probably pretty easy to guess what I'm LOVING this Wednesday, eh?

... CHRISTMAS!!!  It's my favourite time of year, and I'm just enjoying every single moment!! 

... I made ginger snaps for the first time last night, and they turned out quite well!  Woo Hoo!!

... I jammed a whole bunch of things into the evening last night.  It must be some kind of pre-Christmas adrenaline rush I have going or something.  Normally it's all I can do to drag my ass through the evening without falling asleep.  Last night, I finished my wrapping, baked ginger snaps and made Oreo fudge, and crocheted a few more of my "last-minute" items.  AND still wide awake at 11 PM for the second night in a row.  I'm quite enjoying this festive energy boost!!

... I have to admit, as much as I don't want this next week to blow by too quickly, I'm kind of loving that Lynndonne and his pal Tucker will be done soon.  Moving a giant elf (and his beer-drinking buddy) around the house, staging silly scenarios, and taking pictures isn't as much fun as it looks.  Plus, he's leaving sparkles all over my damn house.

... I know I mentioned it yesterday, but I'm so loving the prospect of the downtime I will be enjoying between Christmas and New Year's.  I'm so looking forward to endless hours of watching TV and movies, crocheting, reading... it all sounds so delicious & hygge to me!!

... Loving all of the festive activities still to come!  I am a little concerned about the weather though.  My White Christmas is in jeopardy thanks to to a pile of rain forecasted between tomorrow night and Saturday, but it's not even the rain that has me worried.  It's the potential for freezing rain.  Our curling party is tomorrow night, we are going Christmas caroling on Friday night, and I had planned to do my pre-Christmas grocery trip to Shawville on Saturday.  All of those plans could be affected by weather.  Fingers crossed that the weather man is wrong (he usually is!!)

... I've been seriously loving Gwen Stefani's Christmas album.  I downloaded it a few weeks ago and it took a little while for it to grow on me, but "Never Kissed Anyone With Blue Eyes" is now one of my favourite songs, and I also love "Secret Santa", "When I Was a Little Girl", "You Make It Feel Like Christmas", and "Cheer for the Elves".  Highly recommend it!!

... I'm loving that Mary Poppins Returns is now in theatres, and I'm really hoping to get to see it over the holidays.  It looks so good, and I adore Emily Blunt as an actress.  Should be a fun trip to the theatre!!

... Loving the cute texts my nephew Caden has been sending me.  He has texting capabilities now, and it just brings an instant smile to my face when my phone buzzes and I look to see something like: "4 more days til Xmas break" followed by a string of emojis.

Well, I think that's about all I've got for today!  What are YOU loving on this Wednesday before Christmas??

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I would go see a movie between Christmas and New Years...don't forget me and Maddy!!