Thursday, October 03, 2019

October: Currently...

Today, I thought I'd share a little of what I'm currently into, here in the early stages of one of my favourite months of the year.

Listening to...  Right now, nothing but the little noises in an otherwise quiet office.  But for music in my life right now, I have a playlist on my phone that is getting regular play at home while I cook or bake or clean.  The Highwomen and Lizzo and Taylor Swift and Luke Combs all have prominent places on that playlist. 
Heavy favourites are: 
Even Though I'm Leaving - Luke Combs
Redesigning Women - The Highwomen
Circles - Post Malone
Good As Hell - Lizzo
Lover - T. Swift
She's Mine - Kip Moore
South of the Border - Ed Sheeran ft. Camila Cabello and Cardi B.
All My Favourite People - Maren Morris
Old Hat - John Pardi
Memories - Maroon 5

Eating... This week, the food has been japanese meatballs.  I made up a big go of them the other night and have been having meals of them with leftover hashbrown casserole and steamed cauliflower.  But I'm starting to get sick of the combo, so I think tonight I'm going to make a meatball panini sandwich.  Maybe with french fries or something.  And then the rest will go to the freezer.   Also, I'm allllll about the pumpkin.  I've been enjoying the pumpkin bread I made last weekend, and finished it up last night.  I have enough pumpkin to make more this weekend!


Drinking...  Just water, mostly.  Despite the cooler weather, I haven't really got back into drinking tea or hot chocolate yet.  It's coming, though.

Feeling... Good!  As I've said, September was weighing on me, so now that the page is turned, I feel much better.  I've been getting my 10k steps every day this week, eating marginally healthier, doing things that *I* like to do (crocheting, cooking, baking, reading, listening to music)...and looking forward to everything this beautiful month holds in store!

Reading... The Widow by Fiona Barton.  I've been reading it for a few weeks now (slow reader here) - but really enjoying it.  It's a mystery, and even now, as I'm winding towards the end, I still have no idea who took little Bella, if the man accused of abducting her actually did take her, if she's alive or dead, what role "the widow" plays in the whole thing... so many questions to be answered!!  It's so good, and there's a sequel called The Child that I'm already looking forward to reading.

Watching... The Ranch on Netflix.  I decided to go with it, but I have to say, I haven't really fallen in love with it.  That said, it's fine to have on while I crochet, because it doesn't need me to be paying full attention.  It's going to get shelved soon, anyways, because Season 4 of Outlander hits Netflix tomorrow! Squuuueeeeee!!!  That, and I have my Scary Movie list to tackle in the coming weeks.  Oh, and I'm also still following several shows on the PVR: Survivor, This Is Us, The Conners, Grey's, and of course, Jimmy Fallon.


Loving... Everything about this time of year!!  The cooler temps, the changing leaves, the fun activities coming up, the crocheted pumpkins I've been making, the comfort foods... it's my cozy time of year and I'm just soaking it up.

Wanting... Not much, right now!  I guess I'm wanting my credit card to get magically paid off. *sigh*  Remember a few weeks ago when I said I was putting a freeze on my credit card?  Yeah.  That didn't happen.  If I'm putting in an official "want" then I suppose I should say that I WANT to win the frigging lottery!!!!

Needing... Stupid little things, like new socks and underwear.  New knobs for my kitchen cupboard doors.  Nothing really big or important, and that's a good thing!!

What is going on with YOU currently??

Almost the weekend, friends... Happy Thursday!! :)

No comments: