Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Dreary Day Randoms


  • It's a dark, overcast day, with lots of rain on the way for today and tomorrow.  Thankfully, I got my grass cut last night, so that was a weight off my shoulders.  I was starting to worry I'd never have time on a sunny day to get it done, and that I'd go into the winter with long, shaggy grass.  I like it as short as possible before the snow so that it isn't a huge panic to get cutting come springtime!  I may still have to cut it once more, but for now, I'm relieved it's done.
  • I am SO looking forward to Car Rally this coming Saturday!!  It is one of my favourite events of the year.  Things will be a little different this year, as we have lost our guys - Ricky is hunting, Graham is putting a new roof on his house - so we are bringing Stacy & Sara's oldest kids with us, Maddy & Charlotte.  I think it will be super fun to have them along this year, introducing them to Car Rally!!
  • Last week when we went to see It Chapter 2, one of the previews was for the upcoming movie Doctor Sleep, also based on a Stephen King novel.  Not only that, it is the sequel to The Shining, which is one of my favourite King stories - and I had no idea a sequel even existed.  SO.  I ordered the book from Amazon, it arrived yesterday, I started it last night, I'm only about 30 pages in, and I'm already sufficiently spooked.  Motherf*cker.
  • Up until last night, I was OK with the scary so far this year.  But it appears not only watching, but also READING, scary stuff in October is what is pushing me over the line this year.  Now I'm nervous for the upcoming scary movie fests I have planned for the next two weeks.  Part of me thinks I should just shelve the book until winter, when I'm not so sensitive to this stuff, but then I'd like to have it read before the movie comes out in early November.  *sigh* Decisions, decisions.
  • As we all know, dark dreary days such as this make me want to hunker.  I'm doing all my rainy-day day-dreaming.  Right now, my plan for when I get home is to make chili and biscuits and pumpkin spice cookies.  Will I ACTUALLY do that?  Probably not.  I didn't even take hamburger out to thaw this morning.  And I would have to go down to the scary basement to get it out of the freezer.  We'll see, but this does not look likely. lol
  • I know I already mentioned the new baby blanket I'm working on, but I am just LOVING it!  It is working up SO quickly, which is encouraging.  I'm still not 100% sure on my colour choices and the way I've spaced them out (I'm doing mint, grey & white, but with the mint sections bigger than the grey & white), but overall, super thrilled with how this one is turning out (and how quickly I should be able to complete it!)
  • Anyone remember when I said I was putting a freeze on my credit card, and not allowing anymore online shopping for the month of October?  HA. I have bought a book, boots, jeans, boots, a pom-pom maker, boots and more.  It's a sickness.  The good news is, I'm getting a refund for that dumb computer clean-up program I paid $50 for in my ill-fated laptop repair frenzy on Friday evening, so that's a little bit of a relief.
That's about all for today, folks!  Hope you're staying warm & dry wherever you may be! :)

No comments: