Monday, October 28, 2019

Hello, Halloween Week!

Happy Halloween Week, friends!!  I'm excited and looking forward to it!!

So, last week was kind of crapola.  After a fun (but challenging) Car Rally a week ago Saturday, things kinda went in the gutter for me.  Monday morning I woke up with that "feeling" in the back of my throat.  That "I think I'm getting sick feeling".  It got progressively worse as the day went on.  By Tuesday, I had a full head and I was just feeling rough overall.  Thus it continued for most of the week.  I rarely get sick (*knock on wood*), so yeah, it affected me.  I only did a few morning workouts, I often skipped my lunch time walks (either for illness or rain reasons), and I didn't even try to keep myself awake in the evenings like I usually do.  I was zonked out on the couch by 7pm pretty much every night.  Not one 10K step day all week.

The good news was that by Friday, I was feeling much better, much more like myself.  A co-worker was in the city on Friday and brought back take-out from Lonestar for lunch, and I was ever-so-grateful I could taste again.  What a treat!!  After work, I picked up my niece Danica (she was at my mom's for a PD day) and we ran a quick trip to Shawville for groceries before coming back to my mom's for supper.  I watched the Sens game with them before heading home and going to bed, pretty early for me on a Friday night.

Saturday morning I was up fairly early.  I caught up on PVR'd shows while sipping coffee, then got myself ready for the day.  I washed my bedding and did a quick house cleaning, made two more loaves of pumpkin bread (which cleaned up the last of the canned pumpkin I had floating around in my fridge, phewf!), then settled in to assemble my Halloween treat bags.  I over-estimated how much candy I needed to fill the bags, though, and couldn't get everything to fit.  whoops!  So I guess I'll keep those Reese peanut butter cups for myself!! ;)

Early afternoon, I packed up a bunch of snacks and treats and headed to Lindsay's for our annual Scary Movie Marathon.  I had a rough start, unfortunately.  There was a fundraiser going on at the gym across the road from my house, and people had parked in front of my garage.  Thankfully Stacy was there and saw the dilemma I was in and came over to help me! LOL!  She knew one of the ladies that had parked there and got her to move for me.  I managed to wiggle my way out (and I was nervous... I'm not a good backer-upper!!) Then I arrived at Lindsay's, and we went to head down to the basement, and I promptly fell down the stairs.  *SIGH*  I was fine, the worst of it was a sore butt cheek lol.  Thankfully.  I figured it was karma for all the times I tease Lindsay for being a klutz. ;)  I do seem to have an issue with stairs, it's not the first time I've done it.  Socks and smooth stairs are my nemesis I guess.

So we got out our snacks and settled in with Sammy to watch Monster Family, then followed it up with Hotel Transylvania.  (Both Sam and I fell asleep lol).  By the time we woke up, Lainey was up from her nap, so we had a Pizza Pizza supper and then a Just Dance party before the kiddos were off to bed.  Then the "big kids" watched Arachnophobia and Frailty.  These were both movies I remembered watching in my late teen years, but I hadn't seen either in a very long time.  I have to admit, I had NO idea Lindsay was terrified of spiders, so it was quite entertaining to watch her jump and shout throughout Arachnophobia. And really, that movie has held up well!!  Frailty was more of a psychological thriller, and I had actually forgotten completely about some of the twists the movie throws at you.  If I'm being honest, I chose these movies because I knew they weren't TOO scary (for me... Lindsay and the spiders is a different story LOL!!) - and I knew they wouldn't keep me up or make me have to sleep with a light on.  A few jumps and squeals, but nothing too disturbing.  In my mind, it was a successful Scary Movie Marathon!!

The next morning was dark and it was pouring out.  I confess, every natural instinct in my body told me to hunker and hibernate.  But it was the first morning for our new minister, and we were having a little brunch gathering after church to welcome him, so I had to get over there, rain or no rain.  After church, I went to my mom's to visit with my brother and his kids.  By late afternoon, I had returned home to continue my Halloween hunkering.  I had my annual viewing of the Disney version of Ichabod Crane (still - STILL - creeps me the F out!! Creepiest cartoon EVER!) and I also watched Hocus Pocus.  And for supper?  I had chips.  Ketchup chips and plain ruffles with dill pickle dip.  And Halloween candy.  I'm not even joking.  It was marvellous.

And now, here we are, just a few days away from Halloween!  Still lots of fun stuff to come this week, and I can't wait!  Hope you are all gearing up and getting ready! :)

1 comment:

Annsterw said...

What a great tradition to have Scary Movie Marathon!!! I love that idea! Thanks for sharing! Annster's Domain