Thursday, January 17, 2019

Thoughts on Thursday

It's been a while since I've done a random smattering of things from my brain.  Here we go...

  • I know this is going against how pretty much EVERYONE in the WORLD feels, but I really kind of  love the month of January.  I'm not sure why, but January feels slow, almost sluggishly.  Christmas feels like it was a million years ago, yet it's still only January 17th.  I love the snow, I don't mind the cold, and I embrace the Hygge.  Hibernation time is my favourite.
  • The sad part is, I haven't been doing much hibernating.  Those "more active" and "get organized" goals I mentioned yesterday have kept me movin' and shakin' thus far in 2019.  It hasn't allowed for much time to just hunker and be cozy... yet, anyways.  I have to go to Walmart tomorrow for some more "organizing" materials, I have more coming from Amazon next week, and I have a cupboard to build as well.  After that... I think the organizing frenzy should die down a bit.  God, I hope.
  • I KNOW it's a good thing that I'm getting out on weeknights and being active, but I greet Wednesday's Pound class and Thursday's curling night with deep sighs and wishes that I hadn't signed up for both.  My hermit soul just wants to be at home.
  • I need to get back into crocheting!!  Before Christmas I was hustling to get presents finished, and then it's like my cro-jo disappeared.  I have only made one dish cloth in 2019!!  That's IT!!  I want to try out a Call The Midwife blanket, so I'm going to dig out the yarn I bought for that project and start it this weekend.
  • I bought a dutch oven from Amazon, and it arrived this week.  The box was so heavy, the mail lady made me go in behind and pick it up myself because she couldn't lift it.  I brought it home, opened it up, and thought, "oh my f*ck..."  This pot is MASSIVE.  I had no idea how big a 7.5 quart dutch oven would be, but I wanted to make sure it was big enough to do a big go of spaghetti sauce so I ordered the largest one available.  Yikes!!  I really hope I find uses for it - big pots of soup and sauce are my favourite thing to do in the kitchen in the winter - because I don't want it taking up space for no good reason!
  • I really wish Crave would hurry up and add their service to the Amazon Fire Stick!  I'm close to being done Wentworth, and nothing else on Netflix is speaking to me right now.  I know, I know...there's still tons of content on there that I want to watch.  But nothing is really grabbing me.  I want the shows that Crave offers.  And every time I check, it just says "Coming Soon" to Amazon Fire.  *sigh*
  • You know what?  I'd just about give my right arm for a chicken shawarma and garlic potatoes right about now.  mmmm...
  • Another reason I need a day to just hibernate and do nothing: I need to get some SERIOUS reading done.  I'm just over half-way through 11/22/63 by Stephen King.  Our book club meeting is Feb. 1st, and I am the leader.  I need to know this book.  And it's not that I'm not enjoying it - I'm enjoying it quite a lot, actually - but it so so SO long.  I just need some solid blocks of time to sit and read.  Uninterrupted.  And not at bedtime, because I fall asleep, even if it's the best book in the world.
  • Speaking of sleep... I have had some weird sleep issues this week, which is not a normal problem for me.  I usually put my head down between 10-10:30 pm and it's lights out, I sleep soundly til my alarm goes off at 6:05 am.  On Sunday, I had an afternoon nap, and then dozed off on the couch again watching TV in the evening, which resulted in me not being able to sleep AT ALL that night.  Big mistake.  I was so dopey and groggy the next day.  I had fitful sleep Tuesday night, and then last night I was wakened around 3 am by a crazy dream that had me convinced my room was flooded. I totally unmade my bed and I was scrambling out of my room before I realized the floor was not wet, there was no water, and I now had to totally re-make my bed.  Then, I heard a loud bang somewhere in my house - I'm assuming it was a snap due to the cold, because I could find nothing this morning that indicated the result of a loud bang - and needless to say... it was not a good quality sleep.  And now, tonight is Curling, and I NEVER sleep well after curling.  Son of a NUTCRACKER.
Welp... that's all the random crap I have going on between these two ears today.  Happy Thursday, friends!

1 comment:

Annsterw said...

A screwed up sleep pattern is the WORST! It throws off my entire day what that happens! I am also a big homebody in the winter! Hope curling goes well...sweet drams tonight!!! Hope the weekend is better!