Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Mid-Week Randoms

It's a rainy, dreary Wednesday around here. I thought I'd do some quick random bullet points about how the week is going so far and what is coming up!

  • It is slowwwwwly coming around to the time when I can officially go "Christmas Crazy"!!  I usually peg our company Christmas party as "go time", and that is this Friday, so... it's almost time!!
  • Last Saturday was our annual girls Christmas get-together, and I had a wonderful evening.  I was super-prepared, and had all the snacks made the night before, so that day was quite relaxing.  Some last minute tidy up and such, but then an afternoon of painting nails, watching Hallmark Christmas movies, and napping.  
  • The ladies started arriving around 6, and we just had a great time chatting and visiting.  I especially loved it when we did the gift exchange and got everyone into one room.  It was a fun, festive night, and while it might have seemed early for a Christmas party, we all had a blast anyways.
  • I was up way later Saturday night than usual, so even though I only had a few drinks, I felt totally hungover Sunday.  I was thankful I had no plans after church.  Mom and I had lunch, and then I hit the couch. I slept hard.  I went down around 1:30 and didn't even stir until 4:30.  It was kind of a waste of a day, but man, I must have needed it.  And then I went to bed around 8:30 and fell asleep almost immediately.  It was a good catch-up on sleep!
  • Now this week is the push to get ready for the Christmas House Tour, coming up on Monday!  Mom and I got the poinsettias and door prizes delivered last night, and my mom has her ladies helping her to decorate and set up at the church today.  This will hopefully eliminate too much of a last-minute scramble over the weekend.
  • I also pegged this week as the beginning of my Christmas baking, but so far, that is NOT going well. LOL!  Monday night I was tired and not in the mood.  Last night, I got the refrigerator shortbread dough made and it was crumbly and dry.  I have no idea if the cookies will even stay together when I slice the dough tonight.  Hopefully tonight's creations turn out better!
  • I had slotted Saturday as a full-on baking day, but I think there might be plans in the works to go see Frozen 2 in the afternoon.  So baking can still happen, but it will have to be in and around the movie.  
  • I have an appointment for my flu shot today.  bleh.  I'll be glad when it's done, but I'm not looking forward to it.
  • I got lazy this year and ordered snowflake window clings to go on the door in my living room, instead of cutting out my own snowflakes.  I know my niece Danica is disappointed in me for not cutting out my own, but I love the look!!
  • Things have been a little hectic lately, and that's going to continue for a few more days, but once the House Tour is over, my life will calm down quite a bit.  I'm really looking forward to the slower pace, snuggling up to watch Christmas movies and sip hot chocolate, really enjoying the season.  It is my very favourite time of year, I don't want it all to fly by without pausing to really enjoy it.
  • I usually have a busy morning planned for Black Friday with lots of Christmas shopping to do, but somehow, this year, I really jumped the gun on the shopping.  LOL! I only have stocking stuffers left to pick up. I am not sure why I got in such a rush on that front this year, and I likely will regret it when I see the deals, but right now, I feel really good about that part being almost finished.
  • Tomorrow is American Thanksgiving, which I call my Day of Jealousy. hahaha!!  Our Thanksgiving feels like it was so long ago... A holiday weekend would be lovely right about now, wouldn't it, Canadian friends?  Oh well... Christmas vacation is in sight... one more month to go!
Happy Wednesday, friends!! :)

2 comments:

Rev. Nancy said...

What is our world coming to? No handcut snowflakes, Jillian???? That's my favourite decoration for your home! The clings are nice, but lack the charm and originality of the REAL ones.

Nicole said...

I soooo want to move there and be your friend so I can be invited in on all the fun!

Have you ever heard of the blog Brown Eyed Baker? Just curious really. She bakes all the time and you've been talking about baking and I was just on her site. She does a monthly bake along that is pretty cool. Okay, anyway.