Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Feelin' December


  • For so long, I've been dying to get the Christmas season rolling... and now that it's finally here, I just want it to SLOW DOWN!!!  We're already 4 days into the month of December, and every morning when I open another door on my chocolate Advent calendar, I almost want to cry.  I need a pause button, and I need it NOW!!!
  • Monday evening was the Christmas House Tour that our church holds as a fundraiser every year, and it was a wonderful success!  We came a long way, from late October when I thought I might have to cancel it for lack of houses, to early December when we got to tour the four beautiful homes that volunteered to be on it.  They were all so different and the home owners did a fantastic job of decorating.  I also could not have pulled off this event without the help of my mom and sister who helped out in many ways, my cousin Donna who stays at the church the night of the tour to look after the snack table, and all of the church members who helped   by making food, decorating the church, helping to wash dishes that night, etc.  It was a fantastic evening!
  • Once the house tour was over, I was able to take a big breath.  I get a little stressed out over organizing things like that, and now that it's in the rear view mirror, I feel like I can kick back and enjoy the holiday season.  I mean, don't get me wrong - there's still plenty to be done.  I'm way behind in my baking, I haven't wrapped a single thing, I've hardly watched any movies, and I still need to finish up the shopping (mostly stocking stuffers).  But overall, I feel much more calm and ready to just soak it all up.
  • Of course, the morning after Christmas House Tour, I woke up with a headache.  Because, you know.  That's life.  When you are ready to just lean back and enjoy, Life says, "Not so fast, lady!  You can't have your cake AND eat it too!"  So I trudged through the day yesterday feeling tired and dealing with the ache.  I've had it today too, but not as bad.  Not much I can do about it but deal with it.
  • I took my mom out for supper last night.  Not long ago she was saying she never gets to have liver anymore because none of us like it (blech) and since my dad passed away, she's hardly ever had it.  I noticed the dinner special at Cartrite's last night was liver & onions, so I treated her.  (And I had a cheeseburger with poutine.  Definitely not liver!!!)  When I got home I got laundry rolling, then lay down on the couch to watch The Flintstones Christmas Carol, and promptly fell asleep.  
  • On Saturday, my brother, my friend Lindsay, and I all took the kids to see Frozen 2.  And what did I think?  Well... I think I have to see it again. LOL!  I was so distracted by all of the little people in the theatre... the chattering, the crying, the laughing.  When I told my brother this, he was like, "Huh? I didn't even notice."  Such is the observations of the single, child-less aunt, I suppose. lol!
  • My internet has been wonky for days now, and I don't know what to do about it.  It's up and down steady, making watching Netflix or anything like that almost impossible. I've tried re-booting the router, unplugging everything, etc.  I probably have to call but I don't want to be bothered dealing with it in the evenings.  I guess I'll see if it it's still acting crazy on Saturday and call then.  I need my wifi working for Christmas!!
  • My plan for tonight is to get my bark made.  I make three different kinds, and I'm hoping to get it all done tonight.  Then maybe gingersnaps tomorrow night.  I'm also going to make some more pretzel treats.  I made a batch of them for the House Tour snack table and I got so many people asking how to make them.  Melt Hershey Kisses on top of pretzels and put red & green M&M's on top... can't get much easier! :)
  • I'm looking forward to the weekend.  I'm taking Friday off to finish my shopping, then I'm going to our book club Christmas potluck that night.  Saturday is the Santa Claus parade in town (and maybe baking with Mom... she won't confirm these plans though lol.  If not, baking by myself.)  And then I hope to get some movie watching in.  Oh how I love this time of year!!!

1 comment:

johni micheal said...

A drawback Fiber Optic Christmas Tree to buying an upside-down christmas tree is that after you remove it, you might have a bit of a plastering job to attend to thanks to the nuts and bolts that hold the base secure. This is why many people opt to hang it where a light fixture is usually hung. Then after the holiday season is over, they simply replace the light fixture to hide any marks left from the bolting of the tree to the ceiling.