Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Christmas Prep Month is in FULL SWING!!!

Well, how the heck did that happen... one minute it's Halloween, the next November is practically half over!! Eeeep!!

  • When I went to bed last night, it was snowing.  And I awoke this morning to a gleaming white blanket covering everything.  Those who know me know this was my favourite kind of morning.  When I'm awakened by the snow plow, I grin from ear to ear.  The first snow just makes my heart sing!!!  
  • November in my head is "Christmas Prep Month".  I feel like I'm a little behind compared to last year, but I've got some check marks on the list, so that's good.  A few gifts have been purchased, and a few more are in the works.  This weekend I will be decorating, and once that is done, I think I will feel much better.  (I had it done this past weekend a year ago, but it just wasn't possible this past weekend due to other things going on.)
  • I'm also feeling behind the 8-ball when it comes to baking.  I haven't done any yet, but, like I said... just haven't had time yet.  I'm prioritizing jobs, and this week, uploading pictures and getting calendar gifts ordered are more important than the baking.  Maybe next week I'll get some done before the party.
  • I'm DYING to watch Christmas movies.  But for some reason, it just doesn't feel right until the tree is up.  LOL.  I know, weirdo, right?  So I'm VERY much looking forward to having most of the halls decked by Saturday night so I can put on a Christmas movie.  My niece Danica is coming to stay with me, to help with the decking, and I think we'll both be super excited to settle in with snacks and a Christmas movie once we're done!
  • Everyone knows I love Scary Movie Marathon, but can you believe I've never had an official Christmas Movie Marathon?  This year, that is going to change!  Plans are in motion for a Christmas Movie Marathon Day and I am SO excited about this.  While it seems most people have very busy Decembers, mine is actually usually kind of low-key (once the Christmas House Tour is over, anyways).  So I'm taking a Saturday before Christmas to watch movies allll day long.  Heavenly.
  • Last night when I left work, my plan was to go home, take spaghetti sauce out of the freezer and thaw it, and have a cozy night in enjoying my favourite meal, editing and uploading photos, and hunkering during the first snowfall.  I arrived home only to discover I had NO sauce in the freezer.  I don't even know how that happened.  I ALWAYS have sauce in the freezer.  I didn't want to go through the painstaking process of defrosting hamburger, so I instead took it out to do tonight. I had a "clean out the fridge" night instead.  Kind of disappointing.
  • The good news is, I did get the photos edited that I needed to get done, and I started the uploading process for my calendars.  I always forget what a pain in the ass it is to do that with Shutterfly, it takes forever.  I'm hoping to get the rest uploaded tonight so that I can start working on the calendars.  Shutterfly has the nicest calendars I've seen, but their shipping to Canada is TERRIBLE.  I like to get them done as early as I can to make sure they are in before Christmas.
  • While I may not be 100% on top of things Christmas-wise, I AM almost 100% on top of things Winter-wise.  I bought a new coat online that I love, and a few weeks ago I washed my Mountainview coat so it looks ship-shape again.  I got a pair of new winter boots online as well that I'm very happy with, and I picked up a new toque at the craft sale at Onslow this past Saturday.  The only thing I'm not up to snuff on is winter tires, and I sure noticed it this morning when I came to the end of my mom's road, braked, and instead almost slid into the Highway traffic.  Whoops.
Well, I have a lot running through my mind today so I could probably keep rambling, but let's cap it there, shall we.  Happy Tuesday, friends! :)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I've been watching Hallmark Christmas movies almost nonstop straight. I get to put my tree up this weekend also and while most people frown on that because it's before Thanksgiving (for us anyway... haha) My goal is to make sure Tori is involved and this is the ONLY weekend she'll be here before Christmas. It's nuts. So tree going up no matter what :).

Hope you have fun decorating!! And watch those Christmas movies man :) haha.

Rev. Nancy said...

I hope you have your winter tires on now! We certainly need them.