Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Weekend Rewind: Riding A Raptors High

So, as you all know from my post last Friday, I have somehow developed into a Raptors super fan.  I swear to God, I'm still glowing today.  My only regret is not jumping on the bandwagon earlier.  I missed all that fun, all that time I could have spent loving Kawhi...

After staying up til 1 AM the night before watching and celebrating Toronto's NBA championship, I expected Friday to be a right-off. Surprisingly, I felt fine and had a super productive day.  I guess I really was riding that high!  I got off work a little early, so Mom and I headed to Shawville for groceries and errands, and we had supper at Hursty's.  We came home and planted my flowers in the planter across the street from my house that I was asked to "adopt" for the summer.  Our municipality is no longer supplying the flowers for the boxes around town, so my cousin Donna decided to organize a bunch of volunteers to look after them.  It's so nice to see the community spirit as people quickly stepped up to the plate, and seeing these planters full of weeds gradually being replaced with flowers is a beautiful sight!

It was great that the flowers got planted Friday evening, because Saturday was 100% a rain day.  I know nobody wants that kind of weather this time of year, but I took advantage.  I had no pressing house or yard work to do, so I thoroughly enjoyed my relaxing rainy day.  I read (almost finished Crazy Rich Asians), I crocheted, and I Netflixed.  And it was glorious.  I watched three movies on Saturday.  THREE!!!  I watched Ben is Back starring Julia Roberts (pretty unsettling and sad), I watched Murder Mystery with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston (soooo disappointing), and I watched The Choice,  which was based on a Nicholas Sparks novel  (pretty typical but enjoyable). And in between all of THAT, I watched Ali Wong's first Netflix comedy special Baby Cobra, and literally laughed my ass off.  I had pancakes for breakfast, chipstand food for lunch, and nachos and taquitos for a late supper.  While the rest of the world was probably bemoaning a wasted Saturday in June ruined by rain, I quite enjoyed it!

Sunday was Father's Day, which is kind of an uneventful day when you no longer have a father.  My sister and her fam were celebrating with her in-laws, so Mom and I decided to go on tour after church.  We went to the cemetery where my dad and several other family members are buried, and then stopped in at the Little Red Wagon winery where several artists were set up for the Pontiac Artists Studio Tour.  Quyon artist Cheryl Dolan was there with her art displayed, and I actually picked up some of her cards and a Christmas ornament she made.  I had never bought any of her art before, so I was glad to add some of her work to my collection of local art!  We stopped in Norway Bay on the way home to visit another cemetery where many family members are, and then headed for home.  The rest of the day was spent reading, napping, and a quick visit with my sister's gang before they went home.


Boy, it was hard to drag my butt out of bed yesterday morning.  I took 3 days off straight from getting up to do my workout, which is the longest stretch I've gone since the start of Lent for not getting up to get my steps in.  It was rough getting back in the swing of things.  However, the Raptors parade was yesterday, so I kept checking Twitter for pictures and videos and that kept me entertained through my least favourite day of the week.  (ugh. Mondays.)

Hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day weekend and honoured those guys in your life who are great dads!  I sure do miss mine!!



1 comment:

Annsterw said...

That art is awesome! I love the ornament you choose. Sorry you no longer have your Dad however I have no doubt he is with you everyday! HUGS