One week, friends! ONE WEEK!
Yes, even during Covid days, I am insanely excited for Christmas. Like, butterflies in my tummy excited. I may be 37 years old, but a little 5-year-old still lives inside of me when it comes to the holidays!!
I know this year will be different. I know we all have to make adjustments and sacrifices to keep our loved ones safe, and to help ease the burden on our health care system. But even knowing all of this, you still can't wipe the excited smile off my face. My favourite time of year is almost HERE!!
So what have I got on for the last weekend before Christmas? Let's go bullet-form with a bit of a to-do list. The BEST kind of to-do list, might I say!!
- Today when I get home from work, I'm going right into Christmas action. I am SO looking forward to tonight! I plan to get pizza dough fixings in the bread maker, make my last Christmas treat (pretzels with kisses and m&m's melted on), and finish up my last crochet gift project which is SO close to being done.
- Once all of that is finished, I am going to pour myself a glass - of rum & eggnog, or Pink Whitney & cranberry ginger ale, I haven't decided which yet - clear off the coffee table, bring down all the wrapping supplies, put on a Christmas movie, and begin WRAP FEST 2020!! I love going into Elf Mode. Wrapping is my favourite part. I cannot wait!!
- I shall take a pause once the pizza dough is ready to make supper - Friday night pizza on top of all the Christmassy fun? Can it get any better?
- My goal is to keep wrapping - and keep watching Christmas movies - until it is all done. Pause for some popcorn? Some chocolate sampling? Some more drinks? Sure. Even if it takes til midnight. I am just going to immerse myself in Wrap Fest and enjoy it, every little bit of it.
- Saturday morning, there will be some real work to do: wash bedding, vacuuming, tidying. The usual Saturday morning chores.
- Once I'm ready for the day, I will bring up all of the containers of cookies and treats from my freezer that I have been stockpiling for weeks. I will pack up containers of cookies for friends and family.
- And then after lunchtime, I shall go delivering!! I also will take the opportunity while out and about to drop off the last of the auction items still floating around my house. Nothing better than a pre-Christmas drive around delivering cheer to loved ones!
- Tomorrow evening is always a special one - the last Saturday before Christmas. I will completely light up my house - every candle, every decoration I have that lights up... then sit in that Christmas glow and watch another movie (planning on The Family Stone) with snacks. I love that last Saturday night before Christmas!
- For Sunday, I haven't much planned...which is a good thing, since I expect I'll be pooped from all my hard work on Friday and Saturday! haha! I'll watch church and probably just spend the day lazing. Last minute Christmas stuff will probably come up, too. I'm sure it will be an enjoyable day, regardless!