Wednesday, November 07, 2018

November: Currently...

Halloween is OVER!  Christmas is on the HORIZON!  I AM SO HAPPY!!!

Here's a little update on what I'm up to currently...

Listening to... Remember back in early September, when I talked about seeing The Trews perform at the Shawville Fair?  Well, that show kindled a long-standing love affair between them & I.  For several weeks afterwards, I listened to their acoustic album non-stop, and then their new album Civilianaires came out and I absolutely LOVE it.  I can't remember the last time I downloaded an entire album and listened to it over and over and over without getting bored or sick of it.  It is SO. GOOD.  I have had to divide my listening time, though, because I saw A Star Is Born last month and downloaded that soundtrack approximately 2 seconds after getting home from the theatre.  Gaga and Bradley Cooper were pure magic.  So now I bounce back and forth between the two, sometimes going with The Trews, sometimes with Gaga & Bradley.  I can't get enough.

Eating...  a lot of little chocolate bars, if I'm being honest.  As usual, I over-estimated what I needed in Halloween candy.  Whoops.


Drinking...  nothing much.  Water.  Coffee in the morning.  The odd Diet Pepsi.  Nothing exciting.

Feeling...  confident and on top of things, actually.  I consider November to be "Christmas Prep Month" and so far, things are going well.  I have a head-start on Christmas gifts, I have a plan for decorating, and I"m eager to get started on the baking.  I also am on top of things in regards to the Christmas House Tour, the fundraiser I organize for our church every year.  I'm sure things will get crazy and overwhelming eventually, but for now, I'm feeling very good about all of it.  It's under control so far.

Reading... You guys won't believe this, but I'm actually finally reading Harry Potter.  Me, the girl who always said she HATED Harry Potter.  I decided to give the little wizard boy a shot.  I started the first book on the weekend, and while I'm still not gripped and riveted, I'm anticipating this will happen sooner or later.  I bought the book for my nephew, and I remember asking him early on if he liked it and he just kind of gave me a "meh" shrug.  By the end of it, he told me he really liked it.  When I gave him the second book for his birthday, I found out he had already read it because he liked the first one so much.  So, I'm waiting for the Harry Potter "magic" to hit me.

Watching...  New Girl, and loving it.  Love the quirky humour of the show, and I so enjoy all of the gang so much.  Especially Nick.  I wish Nick was my boyfriend.
I also have watched a few movies and documentaries lately.  Gaga: Five Foot Two (see: newfound Gaga love since seeing A Star Is Born), a sweet little move starring John Krasinski called The Hollars, and I also watched A Kid Like Jake starring Jim Parsons and Claire Danes.   I enjoyed all of them.

Wanting...  to get my Shutterfly photo gifts ordered ASAP.  I struggle with this.  Last year, I was so disappointed and angry with their delivery service that I swore I'd never deal with them again.  But they have such awesome deals, and the quality of their calendars is superior to any others I've seen.  So I'm hoping if I order them earlier this year, I'll avoid the delivery delay and actually HAVE them for Christmas.  Hoping to get this done by this weekend.

Needing...  to get rolling on the baking!  I have one more order to fill for my Canada Day Committee online auction donations, this time a tray of Christmas baking, along with my own stock for gifts and sharing.  It's not a huge panic, but I'd like to have most of it ready by early December.  I'm thinking I'll finally get on it next week, once the decorating is done.  (Oh, yes, did I mention that?  I'm decorating this weekend.  squeeeee!!)


Missing...  OK, this is going to sound weird, because we all know I'm in the midst of my favourite time of year; that I'm a fall and winter kind of girl.  But I did some long-overdue photo uploading and editing of my summer holidays and our week spent at the camp, and oh, how it made me miss that time.  Hours of bobbing in the water, floating on pool toys, kayaking, reading (and sleeping) in the hammock... my heart just cried "take me back!"

Enjoying...  The Dark.  I know.  Weirdo.  I may be the only person in the world who enjoys this time change, because it gets dark earlier.  My mother tells me it's morbid.  I think it's just the hygge-lover coming out.  When it's dark and cold outside, I'm warm and cozy inside.  I've been enjoying curling up, crocheting, sipping a hot chocolate, watching New Girl, reading.  I LIVE for this time of year, when it's dark early and the hours just stretch ahead of curling up and being cozy. Yes, I am enjoying it.  Absolutely.

What's new with YOU currently??

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I am also currently watching New Girl and I also love Nick.

I am also loving the dark but I am liking the brighter mornings driving into work.

I am currently NOT reading Harry Potter, ugh.

I am currently stressing out about my Craft sale this weekend and aren't sleeping really good this week due to it!

I currently still have my fall and Halloween stuff up.

Annsterw said...

I put in my Shutterfly order early this year as well! I am trying so hard to be pro-active this year since I am not traveling!