Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Is it time for Tub Rave yet?

You know how you can tell when the hangover is officially over?

…When you start looking forward to the next party.

Was it really only just a few short days ago that I was declaring, “I’M NEVER EVER EVER DRINKING AGAIN.  LIKE, EVER.”

Okay, Mom (and everybody else who is gasping and groaning and crying “Oh no!!”)… Relax.  I swear to God that I am NOT repeating last Saturday night’s fiasco again this weekend.  That was just not fun.  For anybody involved.

BUT!  I AM very excited for this upcoming weekend.  A few good nights of rest have restored my lust for life, and now I’m ready to go again.  And that’s a good thing, because this is a BIG weekend coming up.

The weekend of my two favourite “T’s”. 

Turkey AND Tub Rave. 

turkey and tub rave

Yessssss!!!

It’s Thanksgiving weekend.  And while it seems terribly early to be celebrating Thanksgiving – (What is up with that this year, by the way?  My mom says it’s the moon or something?  She’s always blaming things on the moon.) – I’m so very happy that it’s that time of year.  One of my very favourite weekends. 

For five years now, my MacKechnie cousins have been combining Tub Rave with Thanksgiving weekend, and really, it’s like adding an extra something to be thankful for.  A jam-packed weekend of fun and family.  I love it.

n554310553_4530586_9345

For those of you who have been around for awhile, you’re already familiar with the Tub Rave shenanigans.  But for those of you wondering “What the heck is a Tub Rave?”, here is the definition:  It is when my cousin Dale opens up his hot tub, and his brother Chris comes home with his DJ equipment stuff, and we have a good ol’ Pontiac-style “Rave”. 

(Which generally means Chris stands out in the cold with a few brave souls keeping him company, while Dale complains that the song is skipping, and people run around in bathing suits and towels, and eventually Uncle Garry sings the Coconut Song in the garage.)

7025_291842835553_5145779_n

69376_10150278822520554_3950258_n

Good times, people.  Good times.

Unfortunately, this year Tub Rave happens to fall on Turkey Day for my family.  Usually it’s on Saturday.  This year, it’s on Sunday, and that is also the day my family will be feasting.  So I won’t be able to make it for the 3 PM start time… I will get there when I’m done eating my turkey.

Which means I’ll probably miss the Texas Horseshoe tournament.  Meh.  I don’t really like playing Texas Horseshoes anyways.

HOPEFULLY I arrive in time for the guitars and the singing and the bopping around with one of Fudgie’s delicious Caesars and laughing and visiting with family & friends.  Because really?  That’s what Tub Rave is all about.

7025_291842530553_5992932_n

Can’t. Frigging. Wait.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I'm feeling better today, too! I am not, however, going to run out and buy a 1/5 of vodka.

Hope you have a great weekend!

VandyJ said...

For a tub party, most of the people in those pictures seem over dressed. However, I can see it of only a few brave souls actually get in the tub.
Have a good time and enjoy your turkey! we have another couple of months to go before it's turkey time here. Nick is already looking forward to grilling/smoking our bird this year.

Nicole said...

Wow, it's crazy to think it's already Thanksgiving time for y'all. I heard on the radio today that places like NYC, Washington DC, etc were going to get mounds of snow this winter and places like here in the midwest that are already parched are going to see less snow. Wonder if that's the same for Canada....?

Mrs. Match said...

That sounds like a blast! You have fun you crazy kids!