Wednesday, February 10, 2021

February: Currently...

Happy Wednesday, friends!

I'm on Day 2 of a sinus headache (ugh) and just feeling kinda blah, so I thought today I'd turn to the "Currently" blogging prompt to help get me out of this little rut I'm in!  Here we go!

Listening to... Maybe this is part of the reason for my "slump" right now but I feel like I haven't heard any really good tunes in a long time.  Like, an album I can really sink my teeth into, listen to while I'm cooking or baking, crocheting, painting... December was full of Christmas music, and since then... blah.  But here is a little list of tunes I have been enjoying on my walks:

Anyone by Justin Bieber
Starting Over by Chris Stapleton
Afterglow by Ed Sheeran (man, I wish he'd put out a whole album of this style... one song is not enough, Ed!)
willow by Taylor Swift
Bang! by AJR
One Too Many by Keith Urban & P!nk
Happy Anywhere by Blake Shelton ft. Gwen Stefani
I Go To My Heart by The Avett Brothers
driver's licence by Olivia Rodrigo
Swingin' by Thad Cockrell

Eating... Have I mentioned lately how much I'm adoring my Instant Pot Duo Crisp? I have been air frying everything, my friends.  Last night, it was bacon, and it turned out amazing.  On the weekend, in the spirit of the Super Bowl, I made buffalo chicken egg rolls that were delish and I have been eating them all week, so yes, I'm kind of getting sick of them now lol. And the other night, I made homemade chicken noodle soup for the first time in the Instant Pot and it was soul-warming comfort food.  So good.




Today, we are planning to try a restaurant that recently opened, and I have visions of chicken donairs dancing in my head! Can't wait to try them out!!

Drinking...  The usual.  Water.  Coffee.  Sometimes a hot chocolate.  Sometimes a Diet Pepsi.  Strangely, not wine, even though I have a whole freakin' rack of it in my basement...

Feeling... As I previously said... I'm blah.  My headache last night verged on migraine status, so I ended up passed out on the couch by 7:30 pm.  Moved to my bed at 10:30 and then slept all night.  Today, the headache is better but still not completely gone, and I feel draggy and yuck.  I'm hoping it lifts completely today and I can get back to feel like a normal person!!

Reading...  THE LONGEST BOOK IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. ugh.  There was a time when I lived and breathed for the Twilight series.  I sank into those books and wished they'd last forever.  Now a decade later, I am reading Midnight Sun, the original story as seen through Edward's eyes, and lord love a duck it feels like it's lasting forever and I want it to END.  He analyzes every little detail, questions things in so many different way, turns things over and over and over.  Like, come ON Edward.  Chapters are endless.  I have been reading this book since early January and I'm still not even close to being done, yet I'm too far in to give up on it.  I'm going to try powering through the rest this weekend because I NEED to move on!!!!




Watching... This past weekend, I planned on starting Sons of Anarchy.  I tried getting into it years ago, but dropped out after 5 or 6 episodes.  I'm being told I *must* try again.  So I was already to jump in, when I saw a new series had hit Netflix called Firefly Lane.  The preview sucked me in, and I watched it instead.  I basically binged the whole thing over the weekend; I have one episode left, which I was supposed to watch last night but the headache ruined the plans.  I'm hoping to watch it tonight.  I have really enjoyed it!!  It is based on a book by Kristin Hannah, who is an author I enjoy, and while I haven't read Firefly Lane, I have really enjoyed the Netflix adaptation.  Plus it stars Katherine Heigl and Sarah Chalke, I love both of them, and it has introduced me to Ben Lawson, the dreamy actor who plays Johnny Ryan. Yum. Very much enjoying him...




Also, I've been working away at scratching movies off my 100 Movie Bucket List poster, and I now have 9 scratched off (actually, 11 because one square was Episodes IV, V, VI of Star Wars).  This past weekend I watched Office Space and Her.

Loving... My Instant Pot Duo Crisp.  My new iPhone XR.  My bed.  The new nail polish I've discovered called GelMoment (currently having a Facebook party, woot woot!).  Getting Maisie updates from my sister and her fam.  My winter hours. Crocheting.  Being cozy.

Wanting... new earbuds for my iPhone.  I bought a pair that haven't suited me, so my mission today is to search Amazon for a pair that I will like better (that are hopefully cheaper than the Apple ones).  I'm wanting more colours of GelMoment polish (hence why I'm having the party lol.)  I'm wanting to be done Midnight Sun.  I'm wanting winter to last forever.  But most of all, I'm wanting Covid to end so that I can be under the same roof with my family and friends again. This has gone on WAY too long.




Needing... to stop online shopping. LOL!  I think it might actually be what I give up for Lent this year.  Once I get these earbuds, it's time to shut 'er down for a while.  I need to start saving instead of spending like crazy.

What is going on with you, currently?!?

No comments: