Thursday, March 05, 2020

Thursday Things


  • I'm really glad I have a relatively quiet weekend on deck.  There appears to suddenly be a ton of stuff I want to watch on Netflix.  I'm really enjoying Schitt's Creek (still only a few episodes in, but it's making me laugh.)  And as I mentioned yesterday, I want to check out The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez.  But now, I'm also thinking of checking out Love Is Blind.  They talk about it every morning on Hot 89.9 and they have me intrigued. There has been so much going on while I've been watching Peter Kavinsky over and over, apparently...
  • Seems like a good weekend to commit to Netflix, since I'm seeing on Facebook that it was four years ago this week that I got wifi and Netflix!!  Only four years... that seems crazy to me, I don't remember life before it.  Happy Anniversary to me & Netlfix.
  • There is one TV event happening this week that I am dreading: the farewell to Alex Karev tonight on Grey's Anatomy.  I really don't know if I can survive this one.  I mean, I know I made it through George, and Izzy, and Yang.  I survived McSteamy AND McDreamy.  But Karev??  He's always been my absolute favourite on the show.  I've watched all of the others go, and heard others say they were quitting because of those losses, and I've always thought, "I'll be fine.  I still have Karev."  But now he's gone too.  I don't know if my poor wee heart can take it.
  • Another thing I'm sad about is that I'm almost finished the third and final To All the Boys book.  And I'm not liking the way it's going.  I have a bad feeling.  The fate of Peter and Lara Jean is still unknown to me, but I just don't get the warm and fuzzies about how things are developing.  And I also just don't want it to end.  I know I still have the movie to look forward to, but man... I don't get excited about things like this very often anymore.  I don't want it to fade away so quickly. *sigh*
  • So, we're more than a full week into Lent now, and so far so good for my Lenten promise this year.  I just wasn't feeling giving anything up.  My heart  wasn't in it like it usually is.  So I decided to do the 10,000 steps a day challenge again.  Last year, I combined it with giving up chips, but I couldn't bear the thought of giving them up this year.  I know it's supposed to be hard, that's the point of it all, but I just...refused.  10,000 steps a day is good enough for me.  And I might try to get rid of 40 items from closet/drawers, but that will be tough because I did a complete closet over-haul last spring.  I don't know if I have 40 things to give away.  We'll see.
  • My anxiety level has been high, off and on, for the past couple of weeks.  I have no idea why.  There is nothing bad going on in my life; if anything, things have been pretty calm and copacetic lately.  But I keep thinking up these stupid worst-case scenarios in my head, and somehow convincing myself bad things can happen when they aren't even on the radar.  My face is broken out in my weird itchy stress bumps, which makes it even more awesome.  I understand why this happens when I'm stressed out (like last year during the floods, or in the weeks leading up to Christmas), but when there is nothing going on, it really pisses me off.  Dammit.
  • Speaking of my face... I keep hearing that one of the preventative measures of coronavirus is to not touch your face.  Um.  I'm in trouble, then.  Because I have realized I touch my face a lot.  And I also have this awful lip-picking habit that is ten times worse when I'm anxious so I'm basically touching my face and picking my lips steady right now.  I'm probably going to die.
  • My sister (probably a bigger germaphobe than me, if that's even possible) went out to buy hand sanitizer the other day to be prepared in case, and discovered it's sold out everywhere.  My mom found her a bunch in different sizes in Shawville, but they told my mom at the pharmacy that they can't get anymore, they are out of it everywhere.  Which kind of made me panic, because I have a couple in my car and a couple at home, all little purse sized bottles, and I'm not sure that's enough to get through a pandemic.  I'm probably going to die.
  • Needless to say... I do think about coronavirus more than I probably should.  All I know for sure is that I intend on staying in my bubble for the foreseeable future, with all of my little bottles of hand sanitizer.  A co-worker told me yesterday about plans to go to Mexico later this month, and normally I would feel jealous, but this time I was just like, "See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya."  Never been so happy to stay in my Quyon Bubble.
  • In other news... My Ottawa Senators had another massive blow-up yesterday when news broke that they fired their CEO Jim Little.  He was hired on January 10th.  54 days on the job, and he's out.  He claims, for having a heated argument with our dear darling owner, Eugene Melnyk, and cursing at him.  Lord love a duck.  Melnyk just can't behave!!  I mean, we've been the laughingstock of the NHL for the past few years, with one dumpster fire after another.  Lately, things had kind of been taking a positive swing.  Chris Phillips retirement night was really classy.  Bobby Ryan came back after 100 days of sobriety and was a real feel-good, inspiring story.  Melnyk was keeping his yap shut.  But now this.  UGH.  It wouldn't take much to get fans back on board.  If he could prove he can keep his nose out of it, let the people he hires run the ship, do some fun stuff to attract the fans back... guys like Brady Tkachuk are so likable, they'd take care of the rest for him.  But NOPE!  Eugene seems like having a frigging MESS.  ALL. THE. TIME.  So damn frustrating.  
  • I think I'm going to wash my car this weekend, for the first time since buying it in mid-January.  It desperately needs it.  I really hate washing cars, but this poor thing... it doesn't deserve to be treated so poorly when it's brand new.  It deserves to have the salt and grime washed away on a semi-regular basis.
  • I'm kind of glad that there's not much going on this weekend, other than Netflix, and car washing, and maybe snowshoeing.  Next weekend is a busy one, with all kinds of St. Pat's festivities on, especially our church's Irish Tea.  I'll have food to make, and then most of the day next Saturday will be devoted to being there to help.  I don't know yet if I'll be partaking in any of the other parties in town.  We'll see how it goes.  Regardless, I'll enjoy this peaceful weekend while I have it!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh, i knew Karev was going to leave but didn't know he was leaving-leaving - until last week's episode when Jo was like he's not coming back....boo

apparently you can get a 12 pack of purse sized hand santizers on Amazon for OVER $100, eek!