Thursday, February 13, 2020

Thoughts on Thursday


  • You know, I really wish I could bottle up how good I feel after I go for a nice long walk, and carry that with me as a reminder of how much it helps me.  I had abandoned going for walks after work a while back - mainly because I don't like walking after dark in town, and it get dark so early in December.  But Tuesday after work, I made myself go for a walk, and while I felt sluggish and out of shape, it felt good when I was done.  Last night, I felt much better about the walk, but it also improved me mentally SO much, I can't even explain.  I have been feeling so anxious lately - it comes and goes, but I was feeling quite wound up and uneasy yesterday afternoon.  I didn't even realize it until long after I got in from my walk, but it dawned on me that I felt so much more calm and relaxed after the fresh air and exercise.
  • Why do I need to bottle that up as a reminder?  Well, because I so easily forget. LOL!  Part of my reason for re-implementing the evening walks is because the little half-hour morning workouts I'd been doing religiously last year have NOT been happening.  Even though I feel good when I do them and they set me on the right path for the day, it is so much easier to lie in bed and give myself some kind of excuse.  It is such a struggle for me to get my butt out of bed in the morning.  I have only done it a handful of times since Christmas.  Blahhhhh.  If I'm not going to get it done in the way, I have to find another way... I cannot become a total couch potato... I simply can't allow it!
  • I'm feeling very hermity and I only want to hibernate these days.  I keep pushing myself to get out, but the instinct is just to curl up in a ball.  I keep making myself make plans and forcing myself to get out - even when I really don't feel like it - because I think it's important.  But man...sometimes it's hard!!
  • I was telling my mom the other day I feel like a little old lady lately.  Last Saturday evening, I was really tired, even though it wasn't even 9 PM, and I knew if I lay down on the couch I'd fall asleep in minutes.  So I got into my pj's, made a cup of chamomile tea, and got into bed to watch Shameless.  As soon as I was done the tea, I konked out.  And she was like, "Geez, Jill... even I had a rum & coke, at least!"  I don't have wild nights anymore, but this was pretty lame even for me.  And yet... I enjoyed it so much!!  I make no apologies for being a hermity old lady. lol!
  • I think part of my discontent this week is that I am not "into" anything... if that makes any sense.  I just finished a book I LOVED (as you probably saw on yesterday's post!), and the next book I started so far hasn't grabbed me.  I'm having trouble getting into it.  On top of that, I finished Season 9 of Shameless the other day, and I have yet to find another show to fall in love with.  A friend recommended The Chronicles of Frankenstein on Netflix, but after two episodes I decided nope.  Last night, I tried out The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Prime, a show I've been wanting to check out for a while now, but it also didn't grab me.  Any suggestions for me??  I'm thinking maybe Brooklyn Nine-Nine or Grace & Frankie.  Maybe I should give Mrs. Maisel more of a shot... I'll try again tonight.
  • OK... I didn't intend for this to be a whiny, lamenting post.  Moving on to things I'm excited about!!
  • Alcohol inks!!!  I ordered them online and they arrived on Monday.  I sent my mom on a mission to find tiles for me the other day, and she could only get the rectangular ones.  I'm hoping to find some squares and arabesque shapes, but at least I have enough to get me started, as well as some yupo paper.  I'm looking forward to playing around with it this weekend.
  • Tomorrow is V-day, and I'm doing my ever-lovin' best not to dwell on the "single and alone" aspect of the day.  I mean, essentially, this is the life I have chosen  So I might as well have fun with the day rather than mope about it!  I'm going to Renfrew in the morning to shop, and likely will have lunch out, so that's something to look forward to.  I'm also planning to pick up some fun junk food to snack on tomorrow night, and rather than watching rom-coms like I normally do, I think I'll dig out some of my old fave comedies.  Like, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead and Weekend at Bernie's and Son-In-Law. Cozy and fun and just what I like to do.  Who needs a Valentine, am I right??
  • Last night, I finished my latest crochet project, the Kaleidoscope Shawl. I LOVED how it turned out, even though it isn't perfect.  I somehow messed up my counts, and in the end my stitiches didn't add up to what the pattern called for, but I don't think anyone would ever be able to tell.  (Truthfully, I still can't figure out where I went wrong myself).  I used the Red Heart Unforgettable yarn in Tealberry, and I absolutely adore the colours of it.  It is so pretty in person.  Another item finished and packed away for Shawville Fair!
  • Next up on the hook: Slippers!!  I have a pattern I've been wanting to try that is supposed to be quite simple...we'll see if these turn out.
  • Today is so my kind of day.  It's been snowing and blowing all day, and so I'm all about the hot cups of tea and gazing out the window at it swirling around.  Ahhhh how I love winter!!!
Well, I think that's it for me today.  Hope you're all having a great week. :)

No comments: