Wednesday, February 05, 2020

February: Currently...

Here we are, February already!!  I know so many folks find January a long, hard month, but I felt like it went by fairly quickly.  Almost too quickly for my liking.  I keep consoling myself by saying, "At least there's an extra day in February this year..." LOL!  My winter-loving heart isn't ready to think of spring yet!

It's been a while since I've done a "Currently" post.  Here's what I'm at right now, in the early stages of February:

Listening to... A lot of fun new stuff that I've discovered!!  I signed up for Apple Music back before Christmas, and so far, loving it.  Here are the songs getting regular rotation on my playlist these days:
What a Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers (the best song I've heard in a long time!!!)
Let's Fall In Love for the Night - Finneas
Underdog - Alicia Keys
Hang In There Girl - Ashley McBryde
Hard Place - H.E.R.
You Should Be Sad - Halsey
Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa
Yummy - Justin Bieber
Raising Hell - Ke$ha
Anything by Tyler Childers

Eating... A bunch of not-very-good-for-me food... I made bacon & leek mac & cheese on Saturday night for dinner, and I made a Delissio stuffed crust pizza on Sunday night (for Super Bowl!), and I have been eating the leftovers all week.  Lord help me.

Drinking... Water (as usual), and I've been trying to have a cup of tea every afternoon, which always makes me feel cozy during the winter months.  I also have discovered a love for that Bubly sparkling water.  I tried the blackberry at my sister's a few week's ago, and bought a case of cherry for myself.  Last night, after a trying day that left me feeling a little heavy, I added some vodka to the glass and discovered I might actually have an alcoholic beverage I enjoy.

Planning... for Book Club which I am hosting on Friday night!  I have two snack lists going. LOL!  I am hoping to get to Shawville Friday morning to pick up some last minute necessities, but it is supposed to snow on Thursday and Friday, so if I decide to stay tucked in at home, I have an alternative snack list with stuff I already have in my fridge and cupboards.  Either way, a lot of my thought this week is going into making food and tidying the house for Friday night.

I am also in the early stages of helping to plan the Spring Vendor Sale at our church.  I sent out messages to all of the vendors we had last year, and I should be able to create the FB event and ad's by the end of this week.

Feeling... pretty good today, which is nice.  I mentioned feeling kind of heavy yesterday, I had a lot of little anxious thoughts weighing me down and I couldn't seem to shake it.  Those things aren't bothering me as much today, so I can't complain.

Reading... Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, and I am LOVING it!!  It's been a while since a book has interested me so much that I can't wait to get home and read; that I choose reading over watching TV.  This morning I woke up early to do my little workout, and instead talked myself into reading for half an hour. whoops.  I had heard great things about this book, but then my mom read it and said it didn't blow her away, so my expectations for it leveled out.  I think that was probably a good thing, because it is now exceeding my expectations big time!

Watching... Shameless Season 9 on Netflix.  I'm catching up on shows that have released new seasons lately.  I blew through Part 7 of The Ranch and Season 7 of Wentworth last week, then started in on Season 9 of Shameless.  I'm sucked back in to the Gallagher's world.  Totally madly in love with Season 9 Lip, might I add.  I don't know if it's the shorter hair or the fact that he's getting older or what, but... yeah.  I'm liking Lip.  A lot.


Loving... My new oil diffuser that I ordered from Saje Wellness!  It arrived in the mail on Monday, along with the oil blends I ordered:  Liquid Sunshine, Unwind, and Immune.  I'm already antsy to order more!  I was a little nervous about having an allergic reaction, because I blamed a rash I had a few years ago on the el cheapo oil diffuser I had in my room at the time, but so far so good.  I figured I was probably OK because I use the Saje farmacy roll-on blends all the time (including my beloved Peppermint Halo) and never have had a problem.  Anyways, it is really pretty and I love it.

I also got myself an area rug for my living room... FINALLY!!  It's only been on my personal wishlist list for years!!  I love how it looks, even though it's still kind of wrinkly from being all rolled up. 

Wanting...  to "complete" my living room with new vertical blinds for the windows.  Again, a long-standing wishlist item that I am determined to make happen this winter.  White vertical blinds will look so good with my new area rug!

I am also very much wanting to invest in alcohol ink supplies.  I have been thinking about it ever since I took the class at Shannon's several weeks ago.  The problem is, by the time I buy everything I need, I'm looking at $200+ in supplies, and I'm worried it's just a passing phase.  I don't want to put that kind of money into it, and then shove everything in a box in a corner to collect dust.  (I just cleaned out the junk room last week, remember.  I know I have a habit of doing this!!)  I keep telling myself that if I get it, I can consider it a Valentine's Day present to myself, but I also said that about my diffuser, so... not sure how many presents I'm allowed to get myself lol.

Needing... Not a whole lot right now!  In the grand scheme of things, I'm doing A-OK.  My needs are few.  I am lucky!! :)

No comments: