Monday, August 27, 2018

Recap: Last Wedding Weekend of the summer

This past weekend was jam-packed with lots of fun!  I've had it circled on my calendar for a long time, as it was my cousin Kenny's wedding weekend.  It's been a summer of weddings as I had four to attend, but they were well spread out - one in May, one in June, one in July, and now this one at the end of August!

But before I get to the wedding recap, first let's go back to Friday night and my nephew Caden's baseball game.  I've been a bad auntie this summer, only make it to one of Caden's games all season (and I was late to that one, only catching the last few innings).  He was in playoffs last week, and my mom asked if I wanted to go to his game in Gatineau Friday night.  Sure, why not?  Very early on into the game, I realized they were playing against a VERY confident team.  I've never seen such a bunch of show-boats in all my life.  Of course, that rubbed me the wrong way right off the bat.  As it turns out, it was a team they've struggled against all season, a team that ended up at the top of the standings.  Caden's team was playing really well, though, and got a nice little lead early on that they just kept building on.  My sister was sitting beside me and she was a nervous wreck.  The way she was acting was equivalent to me watching the Ottawa Senators in the Stanley Cup Finals.  LOL!  In the final two innings, the other team tried making a comeback, but the game ended 13-8 for Caden's team, much to our relief!  It wasn't until a guy walked by carrying the medals on to the field at the end of the game that I realized this game was their league Championship!! (My mom swears she told me that; I'm just as sure that she did NOT!)  So then I kind of understood why my sister was so wound up watching it. haha!!   We celebrated after the game at St. Hubert's, enjoying dinner, drinks, and a nice big chocolate brownie for Caden. :)   Because they won this all-important game, Caden and his team are now headed to the Provincials in Montreal.  Needless to say, they are extremely excited!!  The only downfall for me is that I bought a ride pass for the Shawville Fair for the first time in years, so that I could go on rides with Caden & Danica, and now they won't even be there! oops!! I'm sure they will have a memorable weekend at the Provincials though, and we hope they have a blast!!

Saturday was WEDDING DAY for Kenny & Jenna!!  I was up bright and early, watching TV, sipping coffee, crocheting... just enjoying a lazy morning.  By mid-morning, I decided to get some reading done out on the deck, as I continue to motor through the book "Three Days Missing" by Kimberley Belle.  (It's just suspenseful enough to keep me turning the pages!) 

After lunch, I took a shower, blew my hair dry, and painted my nails before putting on a movie and lying down for a quick nap.  I wanted to be well rested for the night ahead!  When I woke up, I got dressed and headed to my mom's for a pre-drink with her, Kara & Chris.  Then we all loaded into Mom's car and headed to Starborn Farms in Bristol, where the wedding was being held.

Kenny & Jenna had an absolutely beautiful wedding!!  The barn where all of the festivities took place looked stunning.  The meal was a pig roast and buffet, and the food was delicious.  The speeches were wonderful, the drinks were tasty, and there were so many little details that added to an absolutely perfect day.  We were all amazed that my mom stayed well past her bedtime, almost unheard of! haha!  We were all just having such a great time visiting and enjoying the evening.  It was just wonderful. :)
 Just married!!
 The pigs roasting
 The adorable flower girl, Annabelle :)
 Siblings :)
 Our famjam
 Inside the barn for the dinner - so beautiful!!
 Kenny & Jenna's first dance
Kara, Mom, and I with the Mother of the Groom (our niece/cousin, Patti)

Needless to say, after a night of drinking the bride's signature beverage of Gin & Juice, I was laying low yesterday! haha!!  I skipped church and slept in until 9 AM, but joined the fam for brunch afterwards before returning home to my trusty ol' couch.  I watched a bunch of episodes of Parks & Rec on Amazon Prime in between naps, and I headed to bed early to watch one of my favourite "comfort movies" - Cocktail!  Despite such a wonderful weekend, it is still my least favourite time of year, and I needed to watch something that would soothe my soul.  Tom Cruise flipping bottles through the air does that. ;)

And now, it's that dreaded day.  The last day of summer before school starts.  Literally could make me puke just thinking about it.  But I have planned an evening of more comfort and soothing for myself.  I bought a few special snacks, and I'm planning to just read, watch more Parks & Rec, last night's episode of Big Brother, crochet, and eat my treats.  I'm not going to feel good regardless, no amount of treats and my favourite things can make it go away - but I can sink into my little hole of comfort and try to get through this awful, awful week.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Annsterw said...

What a great weekend!!!! I am so into Big Bother this year that I am counting the days between Thursday and Sunday - HA HA! I love Sunday nights now whereas I used to dread them as "the night before I go back to work nights" LOL!!! Have a great week!! Annster's Domain