Friday, September 09, 2016

Friday Confessions

Ugh.  Short weeks.  Somehow, they feel painfully long.  But Friday has finally arrived!  Praise jeebus.  Time for a few Friday confessions from yours truly...

I confess... yesterday I was depressed that I had no plans for the weekend, but I think I'm okay with it now.  Tonight I'm going to do groceries, tomorrow I'm going to clean the house and make spaghetti sauce and bread, and I'm planning to do some Stranger Things binge-ing too.  Who needs exciting weekend plans when you have housework, cooking, and Netflix to do.

I confess... that I had spaghetti for supper last night, but I cooked way too many noodles (as usual) and ran out of sauce, so hence why I'm making more this weekend.  Making spaghetti sauce is one of my favourite things in the world to do.  Yum.

I confess... that I watched the first episode of Stranger Things last night, and after about 6 minutes, I was freaked right out.  I had read somewhere that it isn't too scary, but I was starting to think whoever said that was WAY wrong.  Thankfully, things evened out for the rest of the ep, and I think I'm going to enjoy it. Without having to keep the lights on at night.

I confess... that I've had this weird, mildly ill feeling over the past 24 hours, and I think I figured out why.  It's because my friend Lindsay is gone on vacation.  Besides being close friends, I work for Lindsay and her family; we are in the same office, so I see her almost every day.  When she is gone for a prolonged period of time, I tend to feel like I'm missing an arm or something.  WHO am I going to ramble to and tell all my stupid stories to for the next week?!?  gah.

I confess... the most exciting moment of the week was when the Lays chip truck pulled into the yard at work the other day, and the guy came in to buy seed and fertilizer... then went back out to his truck, and brought us in like 8 different bags of chips.  Holy smokes, it was like Christmas morning.

I confess... that I was missing 4 of the Tragically Hip's albums.  I lost my Live Beetween Us CD, and I had never bought In Violet Light, We are the Same, and Now for Plan A.  So during the Hip Hype of a few weeks ago, I ordered them all on Amazon, and yesterday they arrived.  My collection is now officially complete.

I confess... that I haven't been reading lately.  Like, at all.  I finished reading The Martian a few weeks ago, and then started another book right away - but I just haven't gotten into it.  I haven't even tried.  It's just lying on my night stand.

I confess... that I have a little weekend trip to Kingston coming up at the end of the month, and I can't wait.  Just a few nights away, some down time with a few friends, some shopping and touring and eating and drinking... I'm ready for a re-charge.

Have a great weekend, everyone! :)

No comments: