Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The 20 Question Game

My intention for today’s post was to share some pics from the weekend – it was such a fun, relaxing, perfect summer weekend! – but I haven’t had a chance yet to upload.  Boooo-urns. :(

Thankfully, my pal Stacy posted this 20 Question Game this morning on her blog, and it inspired me to play along!

1. Favorite food:

I love food.  Lots of different kinds of food.  Usually bad-for-you-food.  But my all-time favourite has to be homemade spaghetti with meat sauce.  Toss in some stinky cheese, garlic bread and caesar salad, and I’m in heaven.  mmmmmmm….

spaghetti with meat sauce4

2. Flip flops or high heels:

Oh, I’m definitely a flip-flop kind of girl.  I hardly even own any heels, and when I DO have to wear them (ie, a wedding), I ditch them for the flips as soon as I can.

3. Favorite places to shop for yourself:

Old Navy.  Walmart.  Even Giant Tiger… I’m a simple kind of girl.  The cheaper the better! ;)

4. Standard Coffee order:

I take my coffee with just a little bit of milk in it.  Unless I’m at Starbucks (rare), in which case I go for a very giant, creamy, sugary, whip-cream-topped concoction of some sort!  (I’m dying for Pumpkin Spice Latte time to get here!)

starbucks-pumpkin-spice-latte

5. Road trip must have snack:

Haven’t been on any road trips lately… but car snacks make me think of Car Rally, we always have plenty of snacks with us on that day!  Chips, Trail Mix, candy… I love Car Rally snacks!!

6. DIY or hire it out?

Like Stacy, I’d like to think I’m a DIY’er, but in reality, I have very little patience for crafting and doing things myself.  When I tackle a project, I usually end up wishing I’d hired it out.

7. Top 5 TV shows:

Oh this is a little bit tough!  All-time, I’m going to have to go with:  Friends, Prison Break, Grey’s Anatomy, Friday Night Lights, and The Big Bang Theory.

friends-tv-show

8. Favorite Book:

It’s tough to pick one favourite book… But I think I have to go with the Twilight series, as silly as that might sound.  I was very caught up in the world of vampires and werewolves for a long time, and I don’t ever remember flying through a series as fast as I did with those Stephenie Meyers books.

9. Favorite Form of Exercising:

Whatever form of exercise it is, it has to be FUN & FAST!  The most success I’ve had is with Beachbody programs - TurboFire, Les Mills Combat, 21 Day Fix, and Hip Hops Abs are all programs I’ve really enjoyed.  I’m excited to try out Shaun T’s new one, CIZE.  I’m also a big fan of Zumba, Yoga, swimming, and nice long walks.

Cize-by-Beachbody

10. How tall are you?

5’5” I do believe

11. Do you try something new at restaurants or stick to your favorites?

Sometimes I get adventurous and try something different (like on my 30th birthday, when I suddenly had this random impulse to try Fish & Chips for the first time) – but usually, my dinners out are few and far between, and I end up going with tried & true favourites.  Like at Montana’s, for instance (my favourite place to eat) – when it’s been months since I was last there, I don’t want to risk something new when I KNOW how much I love the Antojitos and Chicken Tacos… if I choose something that pales in comparison, I don’t know when I’ll get back there again to make up for it. lol!  There’s nothing worse than a restaurant disappointment!

montanas_cookhouse_canada_free_appetizer_2

12. One make up item you can't live without:

I guess my foundation.  I wear very little make-up – usually just foundation, powder and blush – eye shadow and mascara if it’s a special occasion.  The foundation covers up the flaws, so I guess I’d never go without it!

13. What's on your nightstand?

On the right side of the bed – my alarm clock & a lamp.  On the left side of the bed (my side) – a lamp, a small stack of books, my Scentsy warmer, the remote for the TV, a tube of foot moisturizer.

14. What's one thing motherhood has taught you?

Ummmm… I’m not a mother! :(

15. Music that reminds you of high school:

Backstreet Boys, N’Sync, Eminem, Dr. Dre, Third Eye Blind, Better Than Ezra, I Mother Earth… lots of different bands and music! I’ve always loved music, but high school was when I really started exploring, trying out different genres, and building the foundation for what my musical tastes are now.  There are certain songs that I hear that can take me right back – to Youth Group dances, Video Dances, hanging out with friends, listening to my disc man on the bus… anything from the mid-late ‘90’s just screams HIGH SCHOOL!!!

90s music

16. If you could live anywhere in the world besides your current city where would you live?

Honestly?  I don’t want to live anywhere else.  I’m a total homebody, I love my small town, and I can’t imagine living any where else.  In fact, in gives me extreme anxiety even thinking about moving elsewhere.  I’ll stay put, thanks!

17. Tell us something about you we might not know:

I have a new celebrity crush.  After re-watching the movie “Something Borrowed” on Saturday night, I was reminded of how hot the guy who plays Dex is.  I googled him – his name is Colin Egglesfield, and there’s little else I can find him acting in other than past TV series… so it will likely be a short-lived crush.  But I’m seriously contemplating watching the movie again soon just to get a fix.  He was like my dream man in that movie!!

colin egglesfield

18. Websites you read/browse (besides blogs):

I don’t have a whole lot, other than blogs, really.  I usually check People.com every day… Facebook… I’ve gotten back into Pinterest again lately.

19. Morning person or Night owl?

I’m not really either- LOL!  I’m getting better about getting up in the morning since I’ve started forcing myself to get up earlier to work out, but I’m still pretty cranky for the first hour or so that I’m up.  I used to be a Nigh Owl, but I’m not anymore.  I need my sleep; staying up all night isn’t fun for me anymore.  That also makes me cranky.  I guess I’m just a “daytime” person haha!

20. Favorite Breakfast meal:

I hate eating first thing in the morning.  Breakfast has always been an issue for me.  I loathe cereal.  If I can wait for a more “brunch” style, I love those kinds of breakfast foods – eggs in any form (over-easy, scrambled, omelettes, Eggs Benedict), bacon, sausage, homefries, toast, pancakes, French toast, waffles… I like it all!  Just not first thing in the morning. lol  Of course, those big breakfast-brunches only happen on rare special occasions.  At home, I like toast with peanut butter, or a soft-boiled egg with toast, or fruit with yogurt.

Breakfast!


Join the fun!!

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Yes to 90's music, boy bands, and flip flops!

Nicole said...

Oh so many thoughts.... bare with me please
1. you call it stinky cheese, my grandpa always called it stinky feet cheese... Most people look at me like I"m crazy...

3. what is Giant Tiger?

7. Yey for Friends!!! I could probably make some reference and you'd get it. My friends aren't really Friend's groupies like I was and they don't get it. Mark finally watched it and now he does the references too.

9. I wish I had luck with the exercising. I did TurboFire with NO results. Although we've been debating me going to the doctor about my thyroid (long story).

11. I agree with the tried and true. I always want to try new things but when you know something is good... it's such a risk to try something new.

15. Is it sad I know those bands! I guess I'm a child of the 80's/90's also. ha! Although those are mainly 90's boy bands. ha!

17. I think I've watched that movie, now you have me wanting to watch it again to see who he is... his character.

19. I'm a day person too... is it a 30's thing?

okay, I'll shut up now :)

meeganjae said...

I am so loving Friday Night Lights. Watching it now, on the last season.