Friday, August 28, 2015

Cheers to FRIDAY!

Happy Friday, friends!

I know I’ve said a million times that the summer seems to have zipped by at warp speed, but I have to admit that the last couple of weeks have felt long to me.  Like, really long.  Not particularly stressful or painful in any way, just… long. I’ve been looking forward to this Friday eagerly.  Weekends just don’t seem to come around often enough…

There have been a couple of things to LOVE about this past week, though.  First of all, I found time every evening to get out for a walk.  My evening walks had fallen by the wayside of late, so I was glad to have  low-key, quiet evenings, nice weather, and that little nip in the air that holds the promise of fall.  I purposely planned very little for the evenings this past week because I was in need of some down-time, some “Jill time”, some solitude and freedom.  I enjoyed my walks, my evenings spent watching Seinfield episodes and shows that had been building up on the PVR (Big Brother and Amazing Race), and going to bed early to read (Grey has a hold on me again!).  Even though it seemed to drag on a little, I think I needed a quiet week like this.

Another fun thing about this week is that I received my new exercise program in the mail.  Could I afford a new Beachbody program right now? No.  Definitely not.  But my workouts had become stale and I was dying for something new.  When Shaun T. introduced his new dance program CIZE earlier this summer, I knew it would be the next program I purchased.  Originally I’d wanted to clear off my credit card before I bought it, but that hasn’t been happening, so I decided what the hell…get it anyways.  But now, I PROMISE – no more spending until my balance is at ZERO!!

Cize-by-Beachbody

I’ve only tried out one CIZE workout so far.  I did Crazy 8’s yesterday morning, and it was a lot of fun.  I can already tell I’m going to really love it, because I’ve always loved to dance!  I’m still trying to wrap my head around having to get up even earlier to get the workouts done, though.  Crazy 8’s is the shortest one at 30 mins.  The rest range from 40-50 minutes in length.  I know that’s only another 10 or 20 minutes earlier from the time I do get up, but MAN, that’s asking a lot of little ol’ me.  ugh.  I guess I’ll give it a go next week and see how I fare out.

One other thing that I wanted to mention on this sunny Friday is something I don’t think I’ve yet talked about this summer, and that is my Summer Crush.  Why, yes, I do have a Summer Crush.  And of course I mean one of the Houseguests on Big Brother!  Duh.  What would my summer be without a Big Brother Summer Crush?!  Last summer it was Derrick.   I had a pretty serious crush on him, and didn’t think any of this season’s contestants would even come close to comparing.  But it’s happened.  I’ve fallen for one of them. 

I absolutely adore… Johnny Mac!!!

johnny mac

(Stace, are you cringing?  Or have you come around on him, too?!?)

OK, so in the beginning, I hated him.  I thought he was annoying and weird.  My initial eye was cast upon the sexy studmuffin Clay, and I didn’t care much for John and his odd laugh and silly cockiness.  A rockstar dentist who tells people to call him “Johnny Mac”?  Like, c’mon.  What a jackass.

But as the summer has worn on, John has grown on me.  Me, and everyone else, apparently.  He gets a lot of social media love, and it seems the majority of the public have all fallen victim to Johnny Mac’s silly charms and hairy back the same as I have.  This week, however, John’s game was in jeopardy.  I won’t go into detail as I know some of my pals likely haven’t caught up on this week’s episodes, but I was nervous this week that I could be losing him.  And honestly, I wasn’t sure if it would be worth watching any further if he wasn’t there anymore.   Austin and the twins are obnoxious, Vanessa is a total pain in the ass, and I’ve never been on James & Meg’s “side” in the game (although I do enjoy watching James scare people and play pranks in the house).

Like I said, no spoilers, so I won’t confirm or deny if John survived this week.

I’ll just leave this picture of him right here for everyone to enjoy.

johnny mac 2

I know.  NOT a conventional Jill Crush.  But there’s just something so sexy about him!!!!  (and no, this is not a spoiler – old pic of John with the veto, not from this week)

Have a great weekend gang! 

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Haha, nope, have not warmed up to him yet. I literally rolled my eyes as soon as you said Johnny Mac...then scroll down and low and behold, you ask if I cringe...bahaha!

I was like whoa, I need to catch up but way to let it go Jill... but then you corrected and said that it was an old pic...phew!

He is annoying...very annoying, his laugh is retarded and well he's just a big weirdo. I used to like Vanessa but I don't like her...I liked Bekky but shes gone, maybe she will get back in....right now I am liking James...and his game.

Stacie said...

I love the idea of Cize but I am so uncoordinated, I am not sure it would be safe for me!