Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Confessions

Ahhhh sweet Friday!  How about a few confessions before the weekend gets rolling?

I confess… that yesterday, I was in a funk.  A bad mood.  One of those days, and I don’t even know why.  I didn’t wake up in a bad mood.  I even enjoyed a nice breakfast with my mom and nephew before heading to work.  But very soon after arriving at the office, I detected extreme irritability in myself.  I had to keep chanting in my head, “Shut up, bury yourself in work, stay out of everyone’s way”.  I didn’t want to spread my bad mood to anyone else.  And I didn’t want to say anything to get myself in trouble.

I confess… my bad mood had reached a point that I finally decided, “F*ck it.  I need ice cream.”  You see, at breakfast, my mom had asked if she & Caden went for ice cream that night, if I’d like to go with them.  I waffled a little.  I dedicated myself to being extra healthy this week, and after already slipping up once, I didn’t think I should compound that with ice cream.  So I said, “I’m not sure, I’ll let you know.”

I confess… that when I called Mom mid-afternoon to say that, yes, I DID want to go for ice cream, and she replied that they had already gone, I kind of almost cried.  Like, for serious.  Tears welled up in my eyes and everything.  I was so depressed.

I confess… that even though I know my waistline will thank me, I was really, really frigging bitter about it in the moment.

I confess… that on Wednesday night, I took Caden to see the new Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.  And it wasn’t even his idea.  I’ve been dying to see it ever since I heard a new one was coming out.  And yes, Michaelangelo is still my favourite turtle.

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_by_nebezial_2

I confess… I’m glad I have an 8-year-old nephew to use as my “excuse” to go see TMNT.

I confess… that I’m also really bitter about having to plan this year’s Car Rally.  Up until this point, I haven’t really been worrying too much about it, but the time is drawing near when we have to start making some serious plans.  It’s a lot of work.  And it’s time consuming.  I know it will all be worth it in the end (at least, I hope) – but for now, I’m just bitter.

I confess… that I will never, ever be part of a winning Car Rally team.  If the question says, “How many posts are in this fence?” I will write “BLUE”.  Seriously.

I confess… that even I can sense that I need to cheer myself up here, so here’s a list of things I’m looking forward to:  the freedom of Saturday (no big plans!), starting PiYo on Monday, Shawville Fair, and trying out new healthy recipes that I have been pinning lately.  And FALL.  I’m so excited for fall!!

I think that’s all I’ve got for today… Hope you all enjoy your weekends! :)

3 comments:

Stacy said...

This weekend we are going to get a good chunk of car rally done...I am hoping anyways - pack some snacks and away we go! Better bring TP too cuz I know how much you have to pee!
I think we'll feel better about it after Sunday...I hope

Anonymous said...

LOL I had ice cream on Friday too, for similar reasons. I have days like that where I am just in a mood and cannot get out of it. Every now and then, everyone needs ice cream.

Nancy said...

You were seriously in a funk! Hope your sunny side is back.