Tuesday, July 06, 2010

An RPattz Lovefest

Brace yourselves. This blog is all about Rob Pattinson and how much I love him.

Ah, what a breath of fresh air he was to me over my 4-day long weekend! I'd been craving me some RPattz. And I was fulfilled.

My Canada Day was spent with a group of great friends at the Kanata AMC watching the latest installment of the Twilight Saga, Eclipse. I was so grateful to have some new vampire and werewolf visuals to sink my teeth into.

Seriously, is there anything more beautiful that Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner? Together, in one movie? It should almost be illegal.

Eclipse is when the love triangle between Edward, Bella, and Jacob really explodes. Edward wants to marry Bella, but she thinks she's too young and doesn't have a whole lot of faith in the institution of marriage, having grown up in a broken family. She wants Edward to change her so that she can live immortally alongside him. Edward is against the idea, and is refusing to change her unless she marries him first. Jacob disapproves of the whole thing - the marriage, the changing, everything. He wants Bella all to himself, and threatens to never stop fighting for her, as long as her heart is beating.

Geesh. Is there a luckier girl in the world?

I loved Eclipse, for so many reasons.

I loved that we got to see more of the Cullens, as they rallied together with the wolves to protect Bella against Victoria and her army of newborns. I loved seeing the back-stories of Jasper and Rosalie come to life.

I loved the scene where Edward must sit by during the snowstorm, helpless to Bella shivering in the tent because of his cold body temperature, and having to watch toasty-warm Jacob lie with her to keep her from turning into a popsicle. I loved their conversation, and how they almost grudgingly became friends.

I loved the meadow scene at the very start of the movie, when Edward and Bella are alone and happy and smiling. Those moments are few and far between in the movies. It was nice to see them just looking like a pair of normal, love-crazed teens.

I loved Riley and his vampire army. The scene where they rise up out of the water as they descend upon the Cullens and the wolves? Spine-tingling awesomeness.

What did I not love? Well, Bryce Dallas Howard in the role of Victoria. She didn't fill Rachelle Lefebvre's shoes very well. She was too wide-eyed and innocent. Like a little damsel in distress. Which I know she was supposed to be, to lure Riley into her evil, vengeful plan, but it was a little over the top. Not the Victoria we're used to.

And I didn't love the Jacob-and-Bella kiss atop the mountains. I know the Jake fans were squealing with glee, but despite my finding Jake to be absolutely adorable, I'm still Team Edward at heart. And that kiss just made me sooooo mad. " Kiss me Jacob! Kiss me!" ... "I don't know what happened, Edward...I'm sorry..." Oh you little hootchie!

*sigh* I can't wait to go see it again.

I spent all weekend thinking about the movie, and by Sunday, I needed me some more RPattz. So I headed to the local video store to pick up Remember Me, recently released on DVD. The non-Twilight movie Rob has made between Twilight flicks.

I'm not sure what I expected. I knew he wasn't going to be Edward, and I was prepared for that. But I was not prepared for this absolutely stunning film that literally took my breath away.

I can't say a whole lot about it, because it's one of those movies that you can't know anything about or it will ruin it. A twist ending that floors you, and the build-up to that point is a rollercoaster of emotions - filled with laughter, tears, and heartache. It's a love story, but it's also a family drama, and at the end of it all, it seems so unfair.

But it will make you think about things that you probably haven't thought about in a long time. And it will shake you up.

If you're not a Twilight fan, or not a Rob Pattinson fan, don't let his being in this movie stop you from seeing it.

He's worth it.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

OMG! The kiss ontop of the mountain with Jacob was my FAVORITE part! Oh that sexy werewolf....hubba hubba....

Stacy said...

Well...minus the whole Twilight beginning of this blog, which truthfully, i didn't even read, just scimmed through it, the mention of Remember Me and you saying that even if you are not a Twilight Fan you should rent this...I have not seen this yet, because of Twilight..haha no not actually, but maybe I will see it now!

Jill said...

I think you might like it Stace! It's a good one!!