Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mike & Carrie: Done Deal

This past weekend, at the Ritz-Carleton Reynolds Plantation on Lake Oconee in Greensboro, Georgia, Ottawa Senators fan favourite Mike Fisher was married to country superstar Carrie Underwood.

That's right, ladies. It's a done deal. Mike is off the market. For serious.



As a Sens fan - and a Fisher fan - well, mixed emotions, I guess. Happy for him, as she seems like a super-sweet girl, and they seem to share a lot of the same values and spirituality. Hopeful that they share a long, love-filled life together.

There's a bit of jealousy, for sure. I mean, the little witch did take away from us Ottawa's most eligible bachelor. They don't grow too many Mike Fishers around here, y'know. Boys like that are few and far between. And she broke a lot of hearts when she made him a kept man.

But I'll get over that, because I already had to "get over" my main (former Sen) squeeze, two years ago, when Wade Redden got married.

If I could survive that, I can survive anything.

But speaking of Wade...Guess what? He was at the wedding! So far no pictures of the actual wedding have surfaced (apparently we have to wait for People magazine to hit the stands), but sneaky little photogs captured shots of him (along with Shean Donovan and Nick Foligno) lounging by the pool at the resort prior to THE wedding of the summer.
(Yes, that's him wearing the dorky little white fisherman's hat...I love it...)

*sigh* These pictures made my day!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Is it just me or does he seem sexier now that he is married?

Jill said...

haha - he's a sexy, sexy boy...But did ya SEE those pics of Wade?!? Humina humina!!!!!