Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Slump Ends...Phew.

I don't have time to write a full-length feature today, but may I just say:

THANK GOD THE SLUMP IS OVER!!

Okay, so it was only 5 games, but since the Olympic break ended, we'd only won once, against the bottom-feeding Edmonton Oilers. With the playoffs fast-approaching, it's literally been the worst time of year to hit the skids. I was starting to panic.

Then we went and beat the good ol' Habs last night in enemy territory. Brian Elliott earned his 4th shut-out of the season, and Erik Karlsson figured in on both Senator goals in the 2-0 victory after having a horrible game on Saturday in Dallas.

Phew. Feels like the monkey's off our backs. Here's hoping they keep it running tonight at home against Philly.

And here's my favourite photo from the Ottawa Citizen gallery from last night's game:


"Kiss my ass, losaaaaaa!"

No comments: