Wednesday, March 13, 2019

What I'm Loving Wednesday

Anyone remember a few weeks ago when I said I caught a cold and had no voice?  Well.  Just get over that one, and I'm hit with another one.  This time all stuffed up and haven't been able to taste in 3 days. What the F.  I went all damn winter almost without so much as a sniffle, and now I get two colds in less than a month?!  However... there are other sickie germs swirling around here that are worse, and I'm praying I don't catch the puke virus that's hit others in this office...  I'll take a double-whammy cold anyday!!!

So, clearly, I'm not loving the sickness and the germs.  But there are things that I AM loving these days...

  • I'm officially a full week into Lent and so far, so good!  I've been hanging tough on not eating chips (easy to do when you CAN'T TASTE ANYTHING ANYWAYS!!!) and I have been up early almost every morning to do my workout.  I didn't get up early last Friday (late game curling on Thursday night always kills me) but I still got my 10,000 steps in.  I'm taking Sundays off, so that's the only day so far that I haven't got my 10,000 steps.  And because I started putting an effort in the week before to see if I could do this, I've now been more active for two weeks.  Woo hoo!
  • The benefits of getting up and moving more are already starting to show a bit.  Not in any weight loss or anything (I haven't weighed myself so I don't really know, but my clothes still feel the same, so nothing significant there) - but the improvement in my knees and my mobility has been very noticeable.  My left knee is back to normal, I don't feel like I have to heave myself up or flop myself down anymore, and I just move around much more easily.   There's also been a big decrease in heart palpitation activity (which isn't much anymore anyways thanks to medication, but has been pretty much non-existent for the past week.)  At the end of the day, I said I didn't care about weight loss, I just wanted to feel better in my own skin, and I'm already starting to feel that way so... YAY!!!
  • I'm loving the Fan Favourites wheel of tea I ordered from David's Tea that arrived in the mail yesterday.  I treated myself.  I figured if I can't have chips in the evening, I'd better get something to replace it that excited me, and this pretty wheel of tea definitely makes me happy!  (Now if I could just taste it... *sigh*)
  • Loving that I'm motoring through this year's book club books!  4 down, 2 to go!!  And I'm already well into the 5th one, Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate.  It hooked me very quickly and I can tell I'm really going to enjoy this story.
  • Speaking of that book... Last night, after Pound class, I came home and had a quick bite to eat, then decided to skip my usual evening on the couch and instead spent the evening relaxing upstairs.  I know, this might seem like a weird thing to "love", but it was such a nice break from my usual routine.  I put laundry on and then had a long, hot, bubble bath while reading my book and sipping on a mug of tea.  Then I moved to my bed where I put Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on the tablet and worked on crocheting a dish cloth for the raffle basket for our church tea on Saturday.  I had candles lit and Scentsy on and just really hygge'd it up.  It was great!!
  • Loving that we finally got to have "Danica's Day Out" last Friday!!  A low tire on my car almost put it in jeopardy, but it pays to curl for a guy who deals with tires. haha!  I told my skip, Mark, about my tire on Thursday night, and he told me to bring it in first thing in the morning and he'd get it fixed for me.  Which he did, and then Danica and I were off!  The girl loves to shop, so she had a blast trying on clothes and decided which outfits she wanted.  We also took a spin around Walmart where she picked out some fun stuff (and I got my groceries).  We had a delicious lunch at Boston Pizza and ordered all of our favourite things - the spinach artichoke dip to share, a spicy perogi pizza for me and a chicken quesadilla for her, and then shared the giant cookie for dessert.  YUM.  Then we headed over to see Captain Marvel at Starcite.  I have to admit, superhero movies aren't really my thing and I'm not up on them at all, so I was a little bit lost.  But Danica loved it and that's the main thing!!  I honestly couldn't have asked for the day to go any better, and I hope it will become a tradition she looks forward to. :)
  • I'm loving that I'm done the six seasons of Game of Thrones on Crave and Dirty John on Netflix.  At times, GoT felt like a bit of a chore (I'm really not cut out for all that blood and gore), but I did eventually get a bit hooked on it and was quite interested to see what would happen.  Then I just BLEW through Dirty John on Sunday and Monday, I really liked it.  So now... because I've heard so much about it... even if I'm very resistant to it... I'm giving Marie Kondo a shot.  I'm still not sure what show to watch next on Crave (Big Little Lies?  The Handmaid's Tale?  Castlerock?) so Marie is filling in until I decide.  However, I did not realize she knew so little English and when she's speaking it's usually subtitles.  Last night I was really focused on a new crochet pattern and counting stitches, so I missed a lot of what she said.  And that whole "amazing" folding technique that some of my friends keep talking about?  Yeah.  Totally missed it too.  Whoops.
  • I loved the prayer shawl that I finished on Sunday and delivered to a loved one on Monday.  It was a simple pattern, but the yarn quality was absolutely delicious, and I really liked the gemstone colours.  It was so soft and luxurious. I will definitely be investing in more Lion Brand Homespun yarn in the future!
  • Loving that our Irish Tea is coming up on Saturday!  It is always a great day and people seem to love coming out to it.  I can't wait!
What are YOU loving this Wednesday??

No comments: