Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tuesday Randoms

Happy Tuesday, friends!  Here's some of the random running through my brain this morning...

  • Nicole, after reading your most recent post, I know you're not going to like this... but sonofabitch, I HATE this time change!!!  I already have a hard time dragging my butt out of bed on a good day.   Take away an hour of my sleep, and I'm a MESS.  Even still, two days later, I'm out of sorts.  I lay in bed an extra 10 minutes longer than usual this morning and it just sets the whole day off on the wrong foot.  Ugh.  Damn you, time change.
  • I know, I know...for those of you with kids, it's ten times worse.  I have really come to the conclusion that I don't think I can have children.  I like my sleep too much.  
  • This past weekend was St. Paddy's Day weekend in our town, and for the first time in, like... ever??  I did not participate.  I'm a little sad about that, and yet I know if I went back in time, I still wouldn't go.  I just wasn't feeling it this year, and I have no idea why.
  • Actually, that's not true.  I know why I didn't go to the Legion on Saturday night.  That was because I curled two games in the Lions bonspiel, and the proper factors did line up for the party to carry on into the night for me.  A) My arms were sore.  I hate sweeping.  B) I did not get the right level of drunk.  My beers were too well spaced out throughout the day.  C) I was starting to yawn at, like, 8 PM.  My bed was calling me.  D)  I did not want to be hungover. 
  • And the reason I skipped Gav's on Sunday was because I felt blech.  No, I didn't have a hangover, but I was just not in the mood, and I developed a sinusy headache in the afternoon.  I spent the afternoon on the couch watching House of Cards.  You couldn't have paid me to move. I was in a really crummy mood.  Maybe next year.
  • Thankfully, yesterday was a much more enjoyable day for me. I'm still off on Mondays (for another couple of weeks, probably), but I've had appointments the past few Mondays, which makes the days off less enjoyable.  Yesterday, I had no where to go, no rush to do anything.  I didn't have to hurry to get my notes off to the Equity, so I slept in, I lingered over coffee, I got laundry done, I crocheted, I read, and I napped.  Late afternoon, I made a pot of chili and homemade garlic cheddar biscuits.  I did slip out for an hour or so in the evening, because our minister was hosting his first "Spirit Cafe" evening, but it was just next door, and it was just to have some tea and chat.  I didn't even change out of my yoga pants and sweatshirt.  A lovely day, indeed!
  • So, you know how I've been saying for awhile that I'm intrigued by the book I'm reading? Christine by Stephen King.  Now, I'm a Stephen King fan, so I'm not surprised that I'm enjoying the book.  He has literally made the characters come alive, and I feel like I know them well.  I love his writing style, and the voice comes through so clearly.  But all along, I've been saying that I don't see how he's going to scare me with a book about a car.  Well... I think it might be happening.  I'm more than half way through now, and the "scary incidents" are starting to happen.  I'm finding it difficult to put it down now, and yet a little nervous to continue on!
  • Update on crocheting:  I was SUPER proud of myself this weekend!  I had bought a few balls of special yarn to make dish clothes with the intent of putting them in the Basket O' Irish Fun that we will raffle off at our church Irish Tea on Saturday.  I googled some patterns, but I was struggling to figure them out.  Then I realized on the label of one of the balls of yarn was a pattern for a "Daisy Dish Cloth".  I attempted it, and it turned out so well that I decided to make a second one!  I was so happy with how they turned out!!  I'm now working on my second giant granny square blanket.  I thought I had figured out why the first one turned out crooked, but this one is turning out crooked too.  No idea what's up with that, but oh well.
  • One of my first thoughts this morning was "What am I going to make for supper tonight?"  Nothing sounded good.  A very odd conundrum for a food lover like me.  So I went to google.  Since it's a snowy day, I went with comfort food and looked up mac & cheese recipes.  But I didn't want my same ol, same ol.  I landed upon the Pioneer Woman's Fancy Macaroni recipe.  I have almost everything I need (my cheeses are more plain than hers, but I'm thinking that will be OK - I have mozza, old cheddar, goat cheese crumbles, and parmesan - and I'll have to stop at the store to get milk and half-and-half since I'm almost out, but otherwise I'm good.)  I literally can't wait to get home and make it!!
What are you up to on this snowy Tuesday??

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

The daisy dish cloths are SO cute!! Good Job!

Stacy said...

Good job on the crocheting! You are a quick learner because when I wanted to crochet, well I couldn't figure it out at all.

Nicole said...

hahaha... Yup, you're on my list for complaining ;). haha. So... Where are my dish rags? I asked for them! Hello! I actually had a lady I bought them from and I guess she doesn't do them anymore. My last 2 are in horrible shape :(. and I don't know how to crochet. I can knit but it's not the same. P.S. the mac and cheese is AMAZING! Hopefully you enjoyed it :)

Rev. Nancy said...

Adorables daisies!