Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Tuesday Randoms: Hollying & Jollying

Oh, you guys!!  I'm just having so much fun hollying & jollying these days!   The past few weeks have been brimming with fun Christmas activities and events.  And over the past few days, it has finally SNOWED!!!  My heart is overjoyed!!

Here's some random for this snowy, festive Tuesday:

  • So, I intended today's post to be a photo dump of all the fun Christmassy things I've been up to these past few weeks, but my iCloud is not co-operating.  Every picture I save, it says, "Failed - No File".  And I'm like, "um, hello, iCloud, the file is RIGHT THERE.  Come on."  Bah.  So I do apologize for this picture-less post.  I don't know what to do about the iCloud issue.
  • I have literally been having a ball these past few weeks getting my Christmas on.  Parties with friends & family, cookie exchange, book club, Christmas House Tour, Santa Claus Parade, and so on... It's been wonderful!!  That said, things are kind of winding down a bit, and I'm really excited about that too... quieter evenings and weekends to spend sipping hot tea or rum & egg nog, making last-minute goodies in the kitchen, wrapping gifts, watching movies... I enjoy the quiet, peaceful moments of the holiday season just as much, and I'm going to embrace them.
  • This past Saturday, I had a baking day with my mom.  Every year, I demand that she make Grandma's iced sugar cookies, and every year she laments that they are a pain to make and she hates doing it.  I decided this year to ask for a lesson, so that one of these years when she absolutely refuses to make them, I'll at least have an idea of how to go about it!  We ended up having a wonderful day in her kitchen, rolling out the dough, choosing cookie cutters to use, and then icing and "sprinkling" them once they had cooled.  Mom says the job goes better with two people, and it went so smoothly she wondered if maybe Grandma was supervising us... I'd like to think she was!  I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.
  • I took last Thursday off to finish my Christmas shopping, and I'd say I'm literally 99% done.  I still need to do one final grocery trip for fun Christmas snacks and booze, and a few little touches to complete a couple of gifts, but otherwise... DONE!  I intend on doing the bulk of the wrapping on Saturday, but I am still waiting on a few parcels to arrive.. I'm hoping to have them by Saturday, but I'm not 100% sure I will.  Which kind of makes me panic, but I keep reminding myself there's still another whole WEEK for them to arrive.  There's time.
  • Things I've really been enjoying this Christmas season:  My David's Tea Advent Calendar that was gifted to me; my giant elf, Lyndonne, running around and getting into mischief (Lyndonne is on the Loose!!); taking time each evening to watch something Christmassy on TV (whether it be part of a movie, a TV special, anything holiday related); the pine cone Advent Calendar that was handed out at church last week with a little message to read each day; the Pentatonix Christmas album I downloaded from iTunes. Little things that are making my heart happy and full right now.
  • On Sunday, we celebrated my niece Danica's birthday, as she will be turning 9 on Friday.  It gives me a little pang to think that my wee girl is turning 9... the years just fly by so fast!  We had a great afternoon of family time, and it made me feel so good.  It would also have been my dad's birthday on Sunday, so it was nice to spend the day together, all of us.  
  • Have I mentioned that I'm happy it's snowing?  I'm SO HAPPY IT'S SNOWING!!  And we have cold temps predicted from now until Christmas, so I think the odds of having a White Christmas are pretty much in my favour... Woo Hoo!!
Well, I think that's about it today!  What's going on in your world??


1 comment:

Stacy said...

i somehow doubt that Lindsay is joining in on your excitement at work today!!