Friday, December 09, 2016

Festive Fun Weekend Ahead!

Guys, there are flu germs swirling around me.  And as a germaphobe, this means that I have to wash my hands relentlessly and basically hold my breath all day.  I am not pleased.

My friend Sharon told me to "think positive thoughts", so that's what I'm trying to do, as I look ahead to a fun, festive weekend.  Here's what I have on tap (as long as I don't fall victim to the sickies):

Tonight is Book Club, and it as our annual Christmas potluck meeting.  There's been a last minute switch to have it at my place, so I'm playing host to my book lovin' pals tonight.  After work, I'll go home and do a quick cleaning and tidy-up, get my macaroni/tomato/cheese dish in the oven, and have the wine chilling.  I have to confess, I did not finish the book... in fact, I didn't even come close.  This is not normal for me; I usually go to great lengths to finish the book.  But for some reason, I just haven't been in the reading mood lately.  I try to read a few chapters in bed at night, but lately I've been falling asleep after only a few pages.  So yeah... I'm not done the book.  But Lindsay gave me a quick re-cap via text this morning so I'd be up to speed, and above all else, I'm just looking forward to enjoying good food, drinks, and the company of good friends.

Tomorrow morning, I'm hoping to be up to get a few things done around the house, including baking some more cookies.  I have a Cherry-Almond Shortbread recipe that I want to try out, as I continue to stock my freezer in anticipation of a cookie exchange coming up next weekend (and also to have enough for a few trays for family & friends over the holiday season).

Saturday afternoon is our little town's annual Santa Claus Parade, which I always look forward to, and I'm hoping that the switch-up this year to a daytime parade from the nighttime parade of lights we've had in recent years will breathe some fresh air into it.  Looking forward to seeing everyone on their floats, and of course waving to the Big Guy as he brings up the rear with his sleigh & reindeer!

After the parade, I'm having a little Christmas paint day & gathering with my friends Sue, Sarah, and Brenda.  We always try to get together before the holidays, and last year we did a Paint Day with Shannon which we all really enjoyed... so we're doing it again!  She has a nice birch tree/snow scene for us to paint, and I'm excited.  We're keeping it low-key and laid-back, with snacks, take-out pizza, and of course a few bevvies.  I can't wait!

Sunday is Christmas Pageant & White Gift at church, which is always a fun and bustling event.  I'm looking forward to watching the play, as the kids are always so cute.  I'll have to remember my camera!

And then Sunday afternoon, we'll be celebrating my niece Danica's 8th birthday.  I can't believe she's turning 8 years old.  The Christmas the year she was born is one of the most fond in my memories, I just loved sitting on Christmas morning with a newborn in my arms.  It was so peaceful and heart-warming.  It blows my mind that it was almost 8 years ago now... wow.

In between all of this, I do hope to squeeze in a few episodes of Season 2 of Fuller House, which hits Netflix TODAY!  I was a big Full House fan as a kid, and I did really enjoy the first season of Fuller House too.

So that's what I have on tap this weekend!  I hope you all have a wonderful one as well!!

No comments: