Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Wednesday Loves!

Here is what I'm loving this Wednesday:
  • Dinner plans tonight! Last week, on Election Day in the USA, Claire and I were fretting in the office about the possibility of Donald Trump becoming the next President.  Lindsay confidently told us there was no way that would ever happen.  She was so sure Hillary Clinton was going to win, that she said if Trump won, she would take Claire and I out to The Keg for a steak dinner on her.  So... guess where we're going tonight? ;)  
  • For those of you saying "But wait...Jill...you hate steak!"  Yes, this is true.  Although one of the very few times I've actually enjoyed steak was the one and only time I've ever been to The Keg before, and I had the Steak Oscar at Lindsay's recommendation.  I loooooved it.  And that is what I will be having tonight as well, with a twice-baked potato.  I'm drooling just thinking about it.
  • Loving that my plans and purchases for Christmas gifts are coming together, and I'd say I actually have about half of my shopping done now thanks to the wonderful world of on-line shopping.  It's such a relief to check names off!  I still have a few people that are question marks - I struggle to come up with good, unique, and affordable ideas for one or two on my list - but overall, I'm pleased with how well it's going thus far.
  • As the week goes on, I'm realizing more and more how happy I am that I started decorating last weekend, and that my living room is all but done.  It's just such a wonderful feeling to cuddle up on the couch to watch TV at night by the glow of the tree.  I LOVE how my house feels when it's all festive looking!
  • I'm also loving the prospect of yet another weekend of festive preparations coming up.  I want to get my tree up in the dining room and get it decorated.  I still have a bag full of the candy canes and cookie ornaments we made for it the year of the tour.  I want to add the dried orange slices again, and believe it or not, I'm actually considering making another popcorn garland - something I swore I would never do again.  But for some reason, I now think it would be peaceful to sit and watch a Christmas movie while stringing popcorn.  Call me crazy.  In fact, I'll probably call myself crazy after I start the project...
  • I know I've mentioned this a few times lately, but my Lord, I LOVE the show Scandal.  I haven't been able to fully give myself over to watching Christmas movies yet because I've been so into this show.  I don't know what it is about President Fitzgerald Grant, but I just love him so much and I want Olivia to be with him.  Makes no sense... I've never been a huge Tony Goldwyn fan, and I don't even find him that good-looking, but since I started watching this show... can't get enough of him.
  • I just love how well our church's fundraiser Christmas-themed Facebook Auction is going!  It closes on Sunday, and so far, it has been going AMAZINGLY well.  When this community rallies, they rally HARD.  
  • I love that it gets dark so early now.  I know, I'm a weirdo, but I just love dark and cozy evenings.  Puttering in the kitchen making supper (usually soup these days!) and listening to music; reading in the bath; getting into jammies early and cozying up on the couch to watch TV... when it's bright out til 9 PM, it feels wrong to do these things, but the early darkness gives me permission to go into hibernation mode.  And I LOVE hibernation mode.
  • And also, I know most people are loving this crazy beautiful weather we've been having, but I love the fact that snowflakes are finally starting to appear in the long range forecast.  I just don't want them to come on our company Christmas party day next Friday... I'm a selective snow lover. ;)
Happy Wednesday, pals! :)

No comments: