Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Summer Lovin'

Anyone else having trouble with Blogger lately?  I post in the morning, but then my post doesn't show up in my reader until 12 hours later... very frustrating!

Anyways... moving right along to What I'm Loving Wednesday!  We're a few weeks into the summer now, and so far, I have to say, it has been pretty amazing.  Yes.  I, the winter & snow lover, am loving every second of this season of sun & heat!

So today, I thought I'd run through a few of the things I'm loving about SUMMER!

I'm loving the longer days which allow for evening walks.  When I go for a walk, it's usually right after I get home from work, but on stinkin-hot days - like yesterday - it's still way too sweltering & suffocating to go walking at 5 pm.  But it's still daylight at 8, when the heat and humidity have died down a bit, making the later walk time much more enjoyable.

I just love hanging out on the deck.  I've already had one "deck day" with friends, and I'm hoping for more to come.  Last night, I hit the deck as soon as I got home.  I had a light little picnic supper out there - sandwich, veggies and dip, cheese and pickles, watermelon - and just stayed out there reading my book.  So nice and relaxing!

Oh, and I LOVE the book I'm reading right now.  A perfect summer read by Liane Moriarty called "What Alice Forgot".  It took me a while to get itnto it. but now that I'm in the thick of it, I can't put it down.  It's like crack.  Stayed up til almost midnight last night reading!

I'm loving simple summer treats, like freezies and banana-flavoured popsicles, watermelon, strawberries, and of course that tempting ice cream that is now just a hop-skip-and-jump away from my house.  I'm trying to hold myself to one trip to the ice cream parlour per week, but on these extra-hot days, that's hard to stick to... those soft-serve chocolate dip cones keep calling my name!

Chipstand food.  I love it a *bit* too much.  But there's some days when it's just too hot and I'm too lazy, and it just smells sooooo darn good...

I can't get enough of the song "River" by Leon Bridges.  I just discovered this song this past weekend, thanks to an episode of Suits.  As soon as I heard it on the show, I paused it, searched for the song on iTunes, and ended up downloading the whole album.  It has a really awesome throwback sound, but "River" is by far my favourite track and I can't stop listening to it. It's my summer jam!

OK, it's my summer jam... riiiiight after Justin Timberlake's "Can't Stop the Feeling".  I made the DJ play it twice at the Canada Day party. I can't stop loving that tune!!!

I love my new MVT trucker hat.  I've been making a conscious effort to keep my head covered when I'm out it the sun, and this has been my go-to chapeau this summer!

I'm loving the memories of the good times already spent this summer, and looking forward to all the good times still to come!  I have a paint nite with friends coming up, birthday parties to go to, a pool party, the Quyon Truck & Tractor Pull, my holidays... this summer really is shaping up to be one of the very best!

Hope you're all lovin' your summer so far!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

yes blogger is being stupid - that is why I am writing blogs at the beginning of the week and scheduling them, seems to work better that way. I also just constantly check blogs to see if there is a new entry cuz I don't trust blogger these days!