Monday, March 21, 2016

This weekend, I...

... had my first trip across the river on the Quyon Ferry!

... enjoyed a day out rambling in Kanata with my mom and our friend Donna.

... got my Easter shopping done.  I have Reeses PB cups in lovely pastel colours & other assorted Easter treats floating around my house now... I'm in trouble!!!


... saw the movie Eddie the Eagle and I LOVED IT!!  Such a feel-good movie, and an inspiring story. I remember hearing my dad talk about Eddie the Eagle when I was a kid, so it was fun to see this movie.  I highly recommend it!


... went to a Paint Nite with friends at Oh So Good in Ottawa.  It's probably my least favourite painting I have ever done, but I SO enjoyed the day out with the girls!


... ate out too many times!! LOL  But it was all soooo good... I had dinner at Kelsey's on Friday night, followed by a Caramel Machiatto at Starbucks for the drive home; I had a piece of Lemon Parfait cake and a White Mocha at Oh So Good; we had dinner at St. Hubert's on Saturday evening; and I had brunch at Chuck's after church on Sunday.  I was literally not even hungry by dinner time on Sunday, and I think I know why...

... I watched a LOT of The Mindy Project on Netflix.  I am so in love with Danny Castellano, it's not even funny.  I just like saying his name.  Danny Castellano... Danny Castellano... it just rolls off my tongue so nicely! ;)


... I TRIED to get into Suits, but no dice yet.  Eleventy billion people have recommended it to me, so I know it must be good, but it took me two evenings to get through the first episode (I kept falling asleep) and I still haven't made it through the second episode without falling asleep.  I haven't given up on it though.  I think it's because I'm enjoying Mindy so much that I just want to keep watching it instead of getting into something else.

... I discovered the joy of taking my laptop to bed with me and watching episodes of The Mindy Project in bed, all cozied up in my jammies. Bliss!

... OH!  I fell out of bed again.  Remember the last time that happened?  Well it wasn't as bad this time.  As in, I didn't feel like I broke my neck.  Just a bruised wrist this time. I also remember what I was dreaming about this time, and there was someone in my room throwing my iPhone and I had to jump to grab it.  But my foot got tangled in my sheets when I went to dive out to "catch" it, and I flopped onto the floor.  That's when I woke up.  But I was still disoriented I guess, because I kept waiting for my sister to come and check on me.  I felt like the whole house shook when I landed, so I was sure I'd wake her up.  It literally took me a few minutes before I remembered that my sister doesn't live with me... so weird!

... I took pics of my niece Danica, because she demands to be my "photo of the day" for my Project 366.  Lucky for me, she's a great little model :)




... I watched one of my favourite movies with my mom On Sunday afternoon - Jersey Girl.  I think Mom really liked it too!


And that's a wrap on the weekend!  Hope you all had as much fun as I did! :)


4 comments:

Stacy said...

Maddy's favourite movie - Jersey Girl...I like it too!

Had a great time at Paint Nite, not so much the painting either but it's growing on me!

Unknown said...

I am so Netflix OCD - I cannot start a new series until I finish one. It is too much for my brain to keep up with!

Lindsay said...

Umm....I don't think I've ever seen Jersey Girl?

I am just finishing up my last episode of Scandal and hoping to start the Mindy Project this weekend!! I know you'll like suits but you need to have one obsessive TV show at a time! Ha ha!

Jillian said...

my brother keeps telling me to watch the mindy project but I haven't really gotten into it however I'm really liking Gilmore Girls and Richie Rich (its kind of silly and meant for kids but it has its moments that its really clever)