Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wednesday Loves & Halloweenie Things

Halloween week is rolling right along, and here are a few of the things I’m loving about today…and about Halloween, too!

  • It’s a dark, dreary day.  The rain is coming, and it’s supposed to be a super wet afternoon and evening in these parts.  Am I the only one who gets excited for a rainy day?  The forecast is a perfect lead-up to Halloween, and a perfect reflection of my mood this week.  Let it rain.

screen-shot-2015-10-28-at-9-01-55-am

  • I’ll be spending my rainy evening cozied up in my house, baking more pumpkin butterscotch chip cookies (they were much better than the first batch of pumpkin cookies I made, and now I need more!) and watching Halloweenie things on TV.  I love this kind of night.

pumpkinbutterscotchcookies6

  • Speaking of Halloweenie things on TV… Saturday was Scary Movie Marathon, of course, and I have to say, I think we can chalk that one up as the least scary one yet.  I’m glad I saw Jaws, but it didn’t terrify me. I’m more worried about monsters under the bed and hiding in the closet, and I don’t have to worry about sharks doing that.  I’d seen the other two, The Silence of the Lambs and Pet Sematary, before, so they didn’t keep me up either.  It was kind of nice – a good spooky way to gear up for All Hallows Eve, yet not spooky enough to freak me right out.  Success!  (we may have to up our game a bit for next year, though).

pet sematary

  • I’ve been struggling this week to find more Halloween-themed things to watch that aren’t going to scare the bejesus out of me.  I tried watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show on Monday and I hated it, I quit half-way through.  I fell asleep watching Hotel Transylvania.  Then I remember I have a Roseanne Halloween Marathon saved on my PVR from a few years ago!! The Roseanne Halloween episodes were the best.  They will provide me with TV entertainment for the rest of the week!

roseanne2

  • Tomorrow night, Zumba is cancelled, so I think I’ll run to the city for one last pre-Halloween shopping trip, to top up on treats and get a few last minute groceries, including the makings for a fun supper and a few treats to have for the weekend.
  • I’m so looking forward to Saturday:  One big day chock-full of Halloween FUN!!  I have to carve my pumpkin and roast my pumpkin seeds, make my fun Halloween supper (right now I’m leaning towards macaroni casserole and garlic bread, if mother concurs), paint my nails orange and black, squeeze in a few more Halloween movies or TV shows, and then head to my mom’s to enjoy our fun supper and greet the trick-or-treaters!!  I can’t wait!!

jack-o-lantern 2014

  • I really am a total kid when it comes to holidays like this.  My excitement builds more and more with each passing day. 

What have you been doing to get ready for the big day of spooks and goblins?  Are you little-kid-excited like me?! ;)

4 comments:

Stacie said...

It is cold and rainy here and I wouldn't mind if I could stay in.

Elise has figured out trick or treating and the whole candy thing so it is exciting to see her get into it. We don't do door-to-door but we will take her to some friend's houses and to a trunk or treat and her preschool class is going to trick or treat through the church staff, so she will love that!

Lindsay said...

So excited this year! And I think the fact that it lands on a Saturday adds just a little more to that excitement! Tonight's plan is Halloween bags and Friday night will be pumpkin carving! Can't wait! xo

Anonymous said...

We got our costumes and now I have to make a Han Solo blaster for my husband. I have got to try on my costume as it is princess Leia and I have no idea how it's gonna look!

Leigh said...

Those cookies look delicious! I've had way too many treats lately or else I'd be asking for the recipe :)