Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Randoming it up

Tuesday.  The day I share randomy stuff from inside my brain.  Enjoy.

  • I was going to write another one of those godforsaken “I need to get back on track” posts, but there’s nothing new to say on that subject.  I’ve been trying to get “back on track” for two months now, and it’s time to stop talking about it, and just DO IT.  I think I found my inspiration this morning when I was scrolling through photos on my phone from this summer, and found the ones I took of myself in a bikini right before my birthday.  I deemed my body not worthy of donning that bathing suit in public at that time.  Now, I would give anything to have that body back again.
  • Oh, trust me. 12 pounds might not sound like a big deal, but it makes a HUGE difference!
  • Step #1: No more evening and weekend snacking.  It seriously kills me, and it’s become far too commonplace in my life yet again.  (HOW do I let those chips and dip and candies and chocolate sneak back in again?!)

Junk-Food-No

  • Have I mentioned lately that I love this time of year?  Love love love.  Today is overcast and a little on the dreary side, but I’m able to look out the window across the office from my desk and see vivid colour in the trees on the far side of the sod field.  They seem extra-colourful and bright next to the grey sky.  Beautiful!

Autumn leaves

  • That has got to be one of the biggest perks about working here:  I’m in an open-concept office with big windows all around me, and picturesque scenery at all times of the year.  I’m so lucky to have a job in the country!
  • “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift = my jam right now.

  • This is the last day of September.  I’m looking forward to October so much.  I’m ready to welcome it with open arms.  Even Car Rally.

hello-october-2

  • I once wrote a speech for French class in elementary school called “Mon mois favori” and it was all about how July was my favourite month of the year.  I still have to say July is a good one, but I think now it might be trumped by October and December.  And right now, all I can think about is October.
  • Two weeks ago, I accidentally bought a can of pumpkin pie filling when I meant to buy a can of pumpkin purée.  So last week I bought the can of pumpkin purée.  And now I have a can of pumpkin pie filling and a can of pumpkin purée with no plans for either one.  It’s just that time of year, y’know?

ed_pumpkinfilling edsmithpurepumpkin796ml

  • PUMPKIN!!  EVERYTHING PUMPKIN!!
  • It’s only Tuesday, but I’m already looking forward to the weekend.  I have no major plans, and I have no money to do anything exciting, but I think Mother & I might go on our annual fall drive to look at leaves.  I know it kinda makes me an old lady, but I’ve really come to look forward to this outing of ours each year.
  • Fall TV.  I’m so excited about it.  So much so that I haven’t even had time to miss Big Brother!  The Voice has been fun to get back into – we all know I adore Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how much I’m enjoying Pharrell and Gwen Stefani.  Survivor, The Big Bang Theory, Grey’s Anatomy, and I watched the first episode of How To Get Away With Murder… my evenings are extra-full with TV time!
  • With it being the eve of October, of course my thoughts keep straying to my Scary Movie Marathon, which I will hopefully be holding the weekend after Car Rally.  I’m trying to draft a list of movies to watch, but it gets trickier every year.  So far for this year I have “The Sixth Sense” and “Stir of Echoes” in mind… if anyone has any suggestions, please share!  (and keep in mind, they can’t be TOO scary. ha!)

stir of echoes the sixth sense

Hope you guys are having a great week so far :)

3 comments:

~ Crystal ~ said...

I once wanted to do a random thoughts post. But, my mind is a scary, horrible place... Also, I have gotten mainly back on track. I am so glad that a little dark chocolate here and there is acceptable for my "diet".

http://italianbelladiaries.blogspot.com/

Angie said...

What a magnificent view. Your lucky to have beautiful scenery to take in while working.

I love Fall too- the weather here has been a little warmer than I'd like but Fall is definitely in the air

ShannonJMc27 said...

I LOVE that Taylor Swift song!! I'm always singing it!
I love going for drives in this weather - the Mountain Road is so pretty this time of year.
Don't be so hard on yourself - it's a weird time of year with the temps changing plus Halloween treats are all over the place making it tempting. You'll get those 12lbs gone in no time. Now that I'm past my 6 week post-baby mark, I'm hopping back into my workout regime slowly and I can't wait!