Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Wish List: 2013 Edition

One week.

ONE FRICKIN’ WEEK!!!!

Oh my gosh, you guys, I’m just SO damned excited, I can’t even contain myself.  Did you think turning 30 would change me?  Did you think it would squash the little kid inside of me who still can’t wait for Santa to just GET HERE already??

Of course it didn’t.  I’m a 5-year-old at heart this time of year, and the bubbling anticipation as each day draws us nearer is the same as any other year.

Bring it.  I’m READY!!!

I realized last night that I have not yet done my Wish List post.  With Christmas only one week away now, I suppose it’s a little late to get this list in to the big lad, but I’m going to put it out there anyways.

As you all know, this is just a fantasy wish list.  We do Secret Santa at our house – we exchange names, we have a spending cap, there is no way I will get even a quarter of what’s on this list.  To be honest, I can’t even remember what all was on my original list that I submitted back on Thanksgiving.

But let’s just pretend Santa decides I’ve been such a good girl this year that he goes a little over-board…

This is what I’m wishing for in 2013:

10.

breadmaker_thumb

Yes.  A breadmaker.  Again.  I think this has been on the Wish List three years straight.  And there’s a reason why I never get it:  It’s because Santa KNOWS I will be excited about it for 2 weeks, and then it will get shoved in a cupboard and collect dust for the rest of my life.  Plus, also, Healthy Jill isn’t supposed to eat much bread.  Whatever.  I still want a breadmaker.

9.

pinkcloset1

A new and extensive wardrobe.  Losing 75+ lbs. in one year has been awesome, but it has made dressing myself a little tricky, and it has been a costly endeavour to keep my ass clothed sensibly.  I’ve gone through sizes so quickly over the course of 11 months that I don’t feel like I have much of a wardrobe anymore.  I have the staples, and I can get by with what I have – but I’m still missing a lot of stuff that I used to have in “big sizes”.   I would love a closet-full of new clothes that fit me, that look cool, and that I don’t have to pay for.  Make it so, Santa.  Make it so.

8.

long red coat

Prime-Minister-Natalie-Picspam-love-actually-9923904-700-600

A new winter coat.  I suppose this could be lumped in with the new wardrobe, but I’m giving it it’s own spot on the list.  I’m wearing an old jacket that I bought 8 years ago (the last time I lost a significant amount of weight).  It’s  a little big on me now, and…well… it’s old.  I’m making do, and it’s doing the job.  But I saw a friend of mine wearing a long red coat a few weeks ago, and then I took note of it again when I saw one of the characters wearing one in the movie Love, Actually.    Black would probably be more practical, of course, but I’m definitely crushing on the long red winter coat right now.

7.

BigBangTheory_S6_DVD_f

There are lots of shows on DVD that I want to watch.  I need to finish Dexter, and catch up on Grey’s Anatomy, and I want to watch Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead.  But The Big Bang tops ‘em all.  I missed most of last season because of my TV/satellite issues at the time, and I’d love to spend cozy weekend mornings this winter watching my beloved Sheldon and Leonard and the gang.  (PS – To my Secret Santa who may be reading this, Season 6 is currently on sale at Amazon.ca!!!  Although, you should be done your shopping by now!!!)

6.

Sens heritage jersey 

sens heritage jersey 2 

The Sens’ Heritage jerseys are by far my favourite, and I’d love to have one.  Now they’ve come out with the white ones in time for the Heritage Classic this season, and I honestly don’t know which one I like more.  I’m still leaning towards black, I think.

5.

PD*3141165

I have a million books on my shelf to read, and yet, I love books and always want more.  Specifically, the few that I need for Book Club this coming year.  I already own a few of them, but I need to add Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman, The Naughty Girls Book Club by Sophie Hart, The Virgin Cure by Amy McKay, and The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion.

4.

perfume 

I got a bottle of CK One for Christmas last year, and it’s lasted the whole year.  It’s just starting to run low.  I really like it.  Refill, please, Santa.

3.

area rug

It’s on the list again.  An area rug.  I don’t know if this one would work anymore with my newly painted grey walls, but I feel like I need something to fill in the big empty space in the middle of my living room floor.

2.

jewelry organizer 

A big jewelry organizer, preferably one that goes on the wall.  I’ve got a ton of little jewelry boxes, but everything gets so badly mixed up.  I’ve got necklaces strung from corners of mirrors.  Take one down, and they all fall. I can never find what I’m looking for.  It’s a mess.  This is something I could really use.

1.

samsung tv

+

samsung-bd-up5000-blu-ray-hd-dvd-player

Has anything really changed since last year?  Well, yes.  Last year, it was the PVR I wanted to go along with the big screen TV.  I finally did get that, so I’ve now replaced it with a Blu Ray player.  I always swore I’d never go Blu Ray, I REFUSE TO GIVE IN TO NEW TECHNOLOGY, DVD ALL THE WAY!!! – but if I’m getting the big HD TV, might as well go Blu Ray too? I hear they’ll still play my regular DVD’s?  So yes.  This would be absolutely rad.  Go to town, Santa Claus!!

There we have it!  The 2013 Edition of Jill’s Wish List!

But you know what?  For the very first time in my life, I can honestly say that I’m not really in need of a lot.  My wants are many, but my actual needs are very few. 

It’s been a good year for me.  I think I’ve come a long way in personal growth, and I’ve also ticked a lot of “necessities” off my list.  I’m feeing blessed.  I can honestly say I’ll be content Christmas morning to sit back and just enjoy spending time with my family.  Despite the five-year-old inside of me jumping up and down with excitement, and the fact that of course I still want presents, it really is just about the “presence” this year.

Would ya look at that.  Maybe I am a grown-up now, after all. ;)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think Santa is pretty digital now! No need to write him a letter as I am sure that he is a loyal blog reader! :)
xo

Nancy said...

Ha, ha, Lindsay, I think you are right. Very practical list, Jillian. As a person with a red coat, I love mine. Reg, Sancia and I all have red jackets. Red is best in our family, lol.

Jen said...

OMGosh, we are so much alike! I think I'm more excited then my kids...hahaha!!! Love, love, love this time of year. Go for the red coat! I always wear black and after years and years of wearing the same winter coat I splurged and bought a new RED one this year,and love it. I hope you and your family have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Enjoy....

Ricki Treleaven said...

Your list is great! You've worked so hard to get healthy, that I wish Santa would bring you the most organized closet full of gorgeously stunning clothes complete with the perfect red coat!

Stacie said...

You deserve that closet full of clothes, for sure!

Nicole said...

Yeah you probably doooooo need that new wardrobe! I wish I did, well I do but for different reasons. Please send some Christmas cheer my way. This is supposed to be the most magical time of the year but so much has happened here recently I have 0 Christmas spirit :(