Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dexter, Season 3: Two more reasons to be hooked on this show.

That’s right, folks.  I’m into Season 3 – well into Season 3 – of Dexter.  And I’m more hooked than ever.

The reason?  Well, it isn’t because of Jimmy Smits, who joined the cast for this particular season as the Assistant District Attorney, Miguel Prado.  (Although, I’m sure for a lot of people who were watching it in real time, having a TV heavy-weight like Smits in the cast was a pretty big deal).

DEXTER (Season 3)

No.  Smits isn’t the one getting me fired up to watch Dexter each night.  (Although, his character and the relationship he’s made with Dexter is definitely interesting).

For me, it’s not one, but TWO others who have drawn me in, and I’ve become increasingly excited over their roles and storylines.

As if Michael C. Hall wasn’t already enough on his own…

Dexter-Star-Michael-C-Hall-Is-Battling-Cancer-2

It’s hard for me to blog about this, though.  As I’ve said before, I’m trying not to google anything Dexter-related, to avoid spoilers and ruining plotline surprises for myself.  Googling Prison Break – even searching for images of the show – proved a huge mistake, and I’ve learned my lesson.

But today, I just had to do a quick search on these guys, because they are making Season 3 so great for me.  And I just had to share.  (Don’t worry, anyone who is watching Dexter right now like me *ahem*Lindsay* – I’m going to try not to give anything big away!)

Exhibit A:  Detective Joey Quinn (played by Desmond Harrington)

joey quinn

When Quinn was introduced in Season 3, I wasn’t sure what to make of him.  At first I thought he was going to be a love interest for Deb (Dexter’s police officer sister, played by Jennifer Carpenter).  Then I thought maybe he was a bad guy, like a corrupt cop or something.  Now, half-way through Season 3?  I just think he’s going to become a good friend to Deb, despite the friction between them (he’s currently her partner on the force), and just an all-round great addition to the cast.  Where will his storyline go?  I have no idea.  But so far… me likes.  Me likes a lot.

debra_quinn_dexter

dexter season 3

Exhibit B: Anton Briggs (played by David Ramsey)

anton

Anton is actually brought in during Season 3 as one of Quinn’s CI’s (a Confidential Informant) – a pot-smoking, suave musician who Quinn once cut a deal with.  Quinn had once busted him on drug-related charges, and then dropped the charges under the condition that Anton become a CI for the police.   As Deb works to get a lead on a case, Quinn sends her Anton’s way, and they have instant chemistry.  Looks like Anton is going to become Deb’s love interest for this season, which is both good and bad.  Good, in that he’s sexy as hell.  Bad, in that Deb’s romantic liaisons never seem to end well.  I’m trying not to get my hopes up, and trying not to google it, but GOD I hope Anton survives Season 3…

david-ramsey

OK.  That was hard.  Google is the DEVIL.  I saw pictures I shouldn’t have seen… things that I’m not supposed to know yet… Gah!  So HARD!!!!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Eeekk!! Makes be super excited for season 3!! :)
xo

VandyJ said...

You know, this is one series that I was interested in when I heard about it starting, but have never seen as it was on Showtime (I think). It's one that I think we'd enjoy, but maybe not the kids. Will definitely keep it in mind.

Stacie said...

Google will get you every time. I am so impatient, but I hate spoilers, it ruins it for me!

Kenzie Smith said...

Dexter is such a great show! I think my other half and I have seen most of season 2.. but not season 1 or any of the ones after 2 ha ha. We will need to fix that!

Leigh said...

Haha you just wait and see what happens! I won't say anything to ruin it :)