Friday, August 30, 2013

Confess before the long weekend…

Oh, long Shawville Fair weekend!  Thank goodness you’re finally here!

Let’s get things rolling with a few little confessions first…

friday confessional

Linking up with Aubrey @ High-Heeled Love.

I confess… I think Thursday night at the fair is quickly becoming my favourite night to go!  It’s a quieter night – at least, to walk around and check out the handicrafts and exhibits (I hear the truck pull had a huge crowd, but we didn’t go near it) – and it seems to be the night that a lot of locals choose to go, so there’s many friendly faces to chat with.  LOVED the fair last night!

Fair

I confess… that although I was tempted, I held strong.  I had the two slices of pepperoni pizza from Billy T’s, as I had planned, and avoided all other delicious treats.  I suppose this would be a juicier confession if I told y’all I fell off the wagon and hoovered down every deep-fried thing I came across, right?  Sorry. ;)

billy t's 2

I confess… that although I try not to get too “excited” about food these days (get excited for a jog, Jill!  Not food!) – I have to admit I’m pumped to try out “Bonnie’s” food booth at the fair either tonight or tomorrow, after Holly’s recommendation in the comments yesterday. ;)  I’ll be stopping by at some point for sure!!  And I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to going to The Lonestar Sunday for Stacy’s big birthday dinner.  The famous chips & salsa alone have me salivating… And of course I’m excited to just hang out and visit with everyone while celebrating Stace’s big 3-0!

lone-star1

I confess… that I get wound up and worried over stupid little things.  No surprise, right?  This morning, it was over the fact that my aunt & uncle are giving me a bedroom set that they aren’t moving with them to their new house – a headboard, night tables, and dresser.  I’m so excited to get a nice, new-to-me beautiful set of furniture like this, but I almost canned the whole thing because I didn’t think I could find enough guys to help move it upstairs, and I’m not convinced it will fit up the stairs to begin with.  Stress much?  ugh.  Of course, a few quick emails and texts to a few of the best guys I know assured me that there will be hands on deck to help.  *phewf*

I confess… that life would really be so much easier with a husband.

I confess… that I don’t care if it’s raining tomorrow night.  I will stop at nothing to get to Dallas Smith.  Trooper, on the other hand?  As much as I’d like to see them (for the 2 songs I know), I’m not braving rain or thunderstorms tonight to go… We’ll play it by ear!

trooper

I confess… that I was shocked this morning when my mom told me she might come back up to the fair with me tonight, because she’d love to go to the steer auction.  Seriously.  My mother.  At a steer auction.  ??!?!??Completely baffled by this.  You think you know someone…

I confess… that as much as I want to go to the fair tonight, there is a part of me that would rather hang out with Dexter.  I’ve got the finale of Season 2 up next, and I can’t wait to see what happens!

Dexter_S2_3f1e78c9e1c47ee6285fcfae2bdb30dc

I confess… that I’m really glad the first day of school is over for the little kids.  Tummy can return to normal now that we’ve jumped that hurdle.   What a relief.

OK.  Is it time to go home yet?!?!?!

Have a fabulous long weekend, everyone!!!!  C’mooon end of the day! ;)

6 comments:

VandyJ said...

Time really does slow down when you'd rather be somewhere else.
Have fun tonight!

Nancy said...

Ha, ha, Elizabeth at the steer auction, lol! Not sure I'll go there, the random thought in my brain are making me sit here all alone and giggle!

Anonymous said...

What is it with mothers and shocking us like this? Mine does stuff like that too.

Na, take some classes and learn to do things without a man. Trust me you will be glad you did, and a DIY woman is sexy to men for some reason!

Angie said...

I've wanted to go to fairs for a lot of reasons but never a steer auction. You should go...maybe your mother knows something we don't

Jo said...

I find it very hard not to get excited about food, especially the wrong kind. Well done for withstanding temptation!

Stacie said...

I feel you on the stress over little things, I get worried if I have nothing to worry about!