Friday, May 03, 2013

Friday Confessions. On hockey. And other things.

Friday.  Time to confess.  Linking up with Aubrey @ High-Heeled Love!

friday confessional 

I confess… I’m on my second cup of coffee this morning (I usually only have one) and I am WIRED for SOUND.  Buzzing. gkhaherutruoghjkqghjdfg uw.

I confess… that I actually started out the day with my very first Keurig-brewed Iced Coffee.  And I think I need to tweak the process of making Iced Coffee.  It says to “brew over ice”, but by the time the hot coffee is brewed, all the ice is melted.  I then added more ice (because I like my iced coffee icy).  And then IT all melted, and thus I was left with one very watered down coffee treat.  Which kind of just tastes like sweet coffee water.  Which is kind of blech.

I confess… that I’m really happy we beat the Habs in Game 1 last night.   Things looked pretty dicey in the second period.  We were severely out-played, and then there was… “THE HIT”.  The Hit that everyone in Habs Land and Sens Land and probably all of Hockey Land is talking about today.  I wasn’t sure we could bounce back from it (and the subsequent 5 minute penalty to Eric Gryba).  But Craig Anderson was amazeballs, and Erik Karlsson was amazeballs, and we did it.  4-2 Sens.  I’ll take it.

sens vs habs may 2 2013

I confess… that I turned away from the TV after The Hit as the camera showed blood pouring on to the ice from Lars Eller’s face.  (If you want to see it, go here.  I’m not putting the video on my blog, because my sister might puke if she sees it again.)  Nobody likes to see a player down on the ice like that.   And if I were a Habs fan, I’d probably be pissed.  It was ugly.  Really, really ugly.  The fact still remains that it was a clean hit – Gyba never left his feet, his elbow was tucked in, and Eller’s head was down as he took a bad pass.  Gryba’s no goon.  It was a clean hockey play that resulted in a terrible mess.  Unfortunate.  But not dirty.

I confess… that despite all of this, I won’t be one bit surprised if Gryba gets a game for it.  Even though all the Habs fans in the office here this morning agree that he shouldn’t.

I confess… that listening to my mom shout at Bob Cole all night is high-quality entertainment.  I’ve actually become quite good at tuning him out, personally.

I confess… that I giggled last night when my sister called post-game and reported to my mom that after the Habs went up 2-1, my four-year-old niece Danica declared, “THAT’S IT!  I’m not cheerin’ for the Sens ANYMORE!!”  Sore loser like her Auntie, I do believe. ;)

I confess… that I’m STILL kind of glowing from Wade Redden’s goal/assist/first star of the game performance the other night.  STILL.

wade bruins

I confess… that there are things about losing weight that really suck.  OK, NO THERE ISN’T, I feel amazing.  BUT, trying to find clothes that fit as I drop sizes every couple of weeks kind of sucks.  And half the damn time, I’m in between sizes and that sucks even more.  Things are always too big or too small.  *grumble*grumble*

I confess… that discovering a stash of “small” clothes in the closet of my old bedroom at home last night that I haven’t been able to wear in, like, six or seven years, was like finding a frigging pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  So I’ll be the one walking around looking way a tad out of style in the next couple of weeks… Whatever.  They fit. I’m wearing them.  Losing weight is expensive.

I confess… that being able to wear flip-flops again is just rad.  But I’m not a big fan of the fact that I’m soon going to have to cut grass.  I’m also not a fan of bugs.  Specifically, the ones that fly in my mouth when I’m walking and TRYING TO BREATHE.  Ahhh, springtime.

I confess… that I’m excited to babysit Nevie tonight!  Even though I’m pretty sure she’ll be asleep before her mama and daddy leave! LOL!

Nevie.2

I confess… that I’m so looking forward to heading to the city tomorrow night with friends to celebrate our friend Sara’s 30th!  I don’t think any of us are too thrilled about turning the big 3-0 this year, but hopefully being with friends and sharing a few laughs and yummy food will make it a little easier. ;)

Have a GREAT weekend everyone… And GO SENS GO!!!

9 comments:

VandyJ said...

The reason for the newer clothes is a good one, but the constant replenishing of the wardrobe can make the wallet lose just as much weight.
Yay for finding clothes that fit in the closet--see, there was a reason to save them.

Sarah said...

Oh god the blood that was on ice when he was just lying there was disgusting!! eeek. And I confess I sat in the bathroom during the 5min major, I just couldn't watch LOL

Also lovin' the flip flops, got my first pedicure yesterday :) Have a good weekend!

Unknown said...

My 30's have brought me some of the best years of my life! I hope they do the same for you and your friends.

Kudos on the weight loss as well! That's always a big accomplishment.

Enjoy your weekend!

Steph said...

Yay for the clothes score! Who cares if they are from six seasons ago?

If I were you, I would just hold Neve while she sleeps. My sister does that to my kid. Spoiling her is your job.

Aubrey S. said...

You know, I've always been confused about the Keurig iced coffee. It didn't seem like it would work. You clarified that today; I'm glad I never bought it to try.

Have fun babysitting that sweet baby. She is a doll.

Thanks for joining the Friday Confessional party. Have a fabulous weekend!

Jillian said...

wow that hit.

Nicole said...

Oh but you're doing great with your weightloss! And a little "out of style" is ok!! I like iced coffee too but not like that I don't think...

HickChickBritt said...

When you figure out how to do the iced coffee in the Kuerig let me know! It makes no sense to me!

Emmy said...

Oh I didn't hear about the hit! I don't think I dare go watch it though, sounds awful.

Yes getting a whole new wardrobe would be expensive but how awesome that you are needing one!