Friday, December 21, 2012

2012 Review Extravaganza: Part 3

Welcome to Part 3 of the 2012 Review Extravaganza!

Every Friday in December, I will be linking up for the 2012 Review Extravaganza with these lovely ladies:  Emmy-Emmy Mom; Lourie-CA Girl; MiMi-Living in France; Nicole-Life's a Beach; Mrs. Match-Date Girl Diaries; Janette-Johanson Journey.

2012ReviewextravagnazaSIZE

Part 1 can be found here.

Part 2 can be found here.

***

I kicked off the month of July in my usual way – recapping the legendary Canada Day festivities in my small town.

IMG_5778_thumb[1]

After our Canada Day Committee wrap party the following weekend, I also shared a video of two of my favourite synchronized back-flippers…and wondered if I could sign them up for the Olympics!

It was in July that I received the Liebster Award from both Beth at Living a Goddess Life & Nathan at Life & Everything Else In Between!  I also wrote about one of the most perfect summer weekends ever, and shared a post of random facts that you would know IF you really knew me

My momma and I roadtripped to Belleville for the wedding of a family friend, Andrea.

IMG_6113

And of course, I’ll take any excuse to post pictures of hot celebrities!

channing tatum 2

Moving in to August, I took a week’s vacation, then had a photo dump to share all the happy memories from my week off, including time spent at one of my favourite places on Earth – the Draper Camp.

I played along with a “Would You Rather?” edition of We Want to Know Wednesday, and then recapped my trip to Toronto with a great group of friends.

I had fun doing a Tuesday 10 which had me listing my favourite TV boyfriends.

chachi and joanie

*sigh* I heart Chachi.

As the summer started winding down, I shared my bittersweet feelings on saying good-bye to the fun & the sun that was Summer 2012, and then geared up for the big ride that is Shawville Fair with my Friday Fair Confessions.

Fair image

By the time September rolled around, I was suffering from the now-infamous Shawville Fair sickness after an awesome weekend spent in the beer tent (aka, breeding grounds for germs, apparently).

I wrote a Single Girl Files post about how frustrated I was by people who have already had a turn at love jumping back in line in front of me before I get a chance.

I also wished my brother the Superstar a very happy 27th birthday, and marveled at all he had done and accomplished in just one year.

I did “My Top 3” post, talked about how I need to start playing guitar more (which I have), and took part in my very first Music Monday, where I shared a video from one of my new favourite artists, Chad Brownlee.

For the second time in 2012, I posted about baby names.  One of my favourite subjects.  So sue me.  I also wrote about how maybe I’m not so scared of ghosts anymore.  And yet another Music Monday rolled around, and I told you guys about one of my all-time favourite songs, Wheat Kings by the Tragically Hip, and why it means so much to me.

I shared some more random facts about myself, and asked you guys to do the same in a “getting to know you” type of post.  And then I closed out the month with some Friday Confessions as I prepared for a busy & fun final weekend in September!

oktoberfest-2008

So that’s all she wrote for July, August and September!  Come back next Friday, when I will be posting the final quarter of the year!  CRAZY!!!

8 comments:

Connie said...

I think I want to celebrate Canada Day next year!

Mrs. Match said...

Canada Day looks like fun!! And I always appreciate the photos of hottie celebs!

Nancy said...

Your picture of the Draper camp has me dreaming of summer.

Nicole said...

are you ready to switch lives for a bit? :). I think you had a better summer than I did!

Stacie said...

I'm exhausted just reliving all of this!

Emmy said...

You definitely keep busy! Sounds like it was a fun three months- besides the sick thing. Lots of fun trips. I think I missed that Singles Girl Files post- I'm off to read it now.
Thanks again for recapping!

Beth W said...

You took more trips than I remembered....and thanks, always, for posting pics of hot men. :D

Unknown said...

i like the name lincoln! ;) https://growninsouthernground.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/2012-review-extravaganza-third-quarter-recap/