Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Season of Waiting...In More Ways than One!

You all know just how much I love this time of year, right? I love Christmas - I love the holiday season!!

After this latest fresh dumping of snow, I'm definitely in the Christmas spirit. There are holiday parties and festive gatherings galore in the weeks to come, and I'm super-pumped. I finished my Christmas shopping last weekend, received my last parcel from Amazon in the mail yesterday so I'm ready to wrap, I've been watching holiday specials each evening on TV, I have my Christmas cards ready to drop in the mail today...Jeez, I even did a little (easy) Christmas baking on the weekend!

The problem? Well, that overly-anxious butterfly feeling I get every year in the last couple of days before Christmas Eve? It's hit early this year. I've already got it. And it's only flippin' December 10th!!!

The difference is that this year I'm not just waiting for Christmas. There's another special upcoming event that has me twisted into knots of anticipation and excitement.

Any day now, my new niece or nephew should be arriving!

For the record, the due date isn't until tomorrow. So really, I shouldn't be so wound up and wondering why the little one hasn't decided to join us already. The thing is, my sister Kara and her husband Chris surprised us the last time when they called to say baby was on the way 10 days early. It caught us all off-guard, but it was a wonderful time, and I can't wait for it to happen again!

This time, however, it's a little different. We didn't have to do this sitting around & waiting business before. I much prefer the slightly-early "shock arrival" than this thumb-twiddling, let's-get-the-show-on-the-road stuff!!

I know, I know. The baby will come when he or she is good & ready. And there's nothing I can do to speed up the process. I just have to wait impatiently to meet the newest member of our family. And when the baby does arrive, it will be well worth the wait, I'm sure!

The thoughts of Christmastime this year, with a new baby to snuggle and the added excitement of having not one but TWO little ones at our house, has me looking forward to the holidays like never before.

I might have to start Sharon's "Twelve Days of Christmas" Drinking Game early this year!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to wait a week for my McKenna to arrive, so I know how you feel. We would call every day to see if she was in labour yet. I'm excited to have a baby at our house for Christmas, but next year it will be even better with her kinda able to open her own presents. I hope you guys have a little girl this time.

Anonymous said...

Wow... the 12 Days of Christmas Drinking edition, I completely forgot I invented that lol!!!!

Yeah I saw Kara on the house tour, she looked amazing... she must have thought I was a retard because when I asked her when she was due, she said the 11th and I said "of January" and she said "no december" She looked really good! That's great that she was out and about like normal!