Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ramble On

G'day everybody!

Well, I don't have a Blog Topic for today, so I'm just gonna ramble. Brace yourselves, that's never pretty...

I'm really looking forward to the weekend. The Car Rally is Saturday, and that's always one of my most favourite days of the year. This year, the theme is Nursery Rhymes, so my team has been trying desperately to come up with a unique nursery rhyme that is...well...not a fairy tale! Do you realize how difficult it can be to differentiate between the two? Three Little Pigs...NOPE! But the Three Little Kittens are. Three Little Bears...NOPE! But the Three Blind Mice are. Oh, and this presents another problem. It would appear than many nursery rhymes revolve in groups of 3. So what are you supposed to do when you're a team of 5? There's no Five Little Kittens, or Five Little Pigs, or Mary Had Five Little Lambs...Tricky, I tell you!

So we finally came up with one, and while I don't want to disclose our stroke of genius, I will say we happened upon it after realizing Ricky bears an uncanny resemblance to a certain fragile egg of Mother Goose lore...

This week will be spent resting up in preparation for the whirlwind adventure that is Car Rally, especially after last weekend was spent steady-on-the-go thanks to Caden's 2nd birthday. I still can't believe the boy is 2 years old. It seems like only yesterday that Chris was calling to tell us he'd arrived. Many times, I find myself wishing he was still a teeny-tiny baby that I could rock and cuddle, but the toddler stage definitely has it's advantages. For one thing, he's way more fun now. He's starting to talk a lot, a real little parrot - however, that sucks when the fam teaches him to say "Awww, Wade!" every 5 seconds while watching hockey. Also, birthdays are more fun now 'cause he's starting to get and appreciate cool toys. Like Tonka trucks and Tickle-Me-Elmo and Bob the Builder stuff. Oh, and the guitar and microphone that Luke, Kristen & I got him. Apparently the mic isn't such a hit with Mom & Dad though...Wonder why?

Now, on to hockey. The NHL schedule has proven to be an odd one for the Sens thus far. After playing 6 games in 11 days to start the year, we're now on a 4-day break, which will end on Thursday when the Habs come to town. The Sens will play again Saturday vs. Florida, and then they'll be off for another entire week. It's very strange. It's like I was thrust into full-blown hockey fan mode, and now there's nothing to satisfy that craving for a hockey high. Looking forward to Thursday's game, though, should be a goody.

OK, so that's all for now! Hope you're all having a great day!!

No comments: