Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Resolution Time

Happy New Year!!

Well, it'll be back to the ol' grindstone for me tomorrow, so I decided to take a few of my last "holiday moments" to share my New Year's resolutions with all of my favourite Bloggers. Here goes nothing...
  • Resolution #1: To lose 26 lbs. 6 of those pounds I have gained over the holidays, so I hope to shed them quickly. But I vowed I'd eat happily and heartily during Christmas, which I did, so I refuse to regret my food binge. Now it's just time to get rid of it!!
  • Resolution #2: To find a boyfriend. It's becoming increasingly apparent that Wade Redden is not going to come a-knockin' any day soon, so it's time to quit hanging all my hopes on him and move on. (Alright, so I haven't really been single all this time because I was holding out for Wade, but it sounds better than saying I'm just a loser with nobody to love me...) In any case, I'm planning on continuing the search with much intensity in 2007, and I'm vowing to have a boy of my own to kiss when 2008 comes rolling in. (If you know of any candidates, please send their applications to me at your earliest convenience).
  • Resolution #3: To start writing again!! Writing used to be one of my favourite things to do. I always had storylines swirling around in my head, and I'd spend as much time as possible writing them down. However, in the past year or so, I haven't been writing much at all, with the exception of the Blog. How am I supposed to become a best-selling author if I don't at least try, right??
  • Resolution #4: To win the Stanley Cup. Okay, so that resolution hinges entirely on the Ottawa Senators and their abilities, but I truly believe they can do it, and if they do, I'll be the one cheering the loudest and leading the parade. It's the only resolution I have no control over, but I'll leave it in the very capable hands of my Sens.
  • Resolution # 5: To have as much fun as possible. I'm going to take every opportunity to do something different, to expand my horizons, to have a blast doing whatever comes my way. I'm going to dance more, I'm going to sing more, I'm going to do more of the things I love to do the most - I'm not going to worry, mope, or get down on myself. I'm going to be OPTIMISTIC about life in general. I'm going to do my best to be bright and shiny as often as possible. Just check out that glow coming from my direction... It's already working! ;o)

I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season and that you rang in 2007 in style! And I hope you're able to keep all of your New Year's Resolutions...It won't be easy, but together, we can do it!

Before signing off, I want to send out extra-special birthday wishes to one of our regular Bloggers - PRISCILLA!! I hope you're having a good one, PK, and we'll have to plan a night out for dinner to celebrate in the near future!!

Cheers!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Jill! Loved it!

Happy New Year to everyone!

I didn't do anything for New Years because Wayne was too hurtin' from the night before... so I was asleep before the New Year even rang in.

Sara: Is Graham the one that gave Heather Stag tickets for Brandon and Amanda? I bought some from her but Wayne didn't even know about it at all... just wondering if Graham knows anything about this stuff, if so I will have Wayne call him or something... if not... how did Heather get the tickets, is she in Amanda's side of the wedding. Hope you are doing well! Haven't seen you in AGES!

Rachel said...

Happy New Year Everyone. Jill, I have the same number one resolution as you. I also gained 5 pounds over the holidays, but I don't really care because I enjoyed every bite!!! hehe

When is Brandon's and Amanda's stag?

Sarah said...

Hey Jill!!
And Happy New Year to everyone!

Our New Years Resolutions are pretty much the same, get a boyfriend, eat healthy, for the sens to win the cup and to have a f-in BLAST in 2008! Dance more, sing more and drink more! Im excited just thinking about it! :)

Took me forever to sign in, I always forget my friggin password!

Anonymous said...

Their stag is on February 3rd.

Sarah said...

At Gavans?

Jill said...

Good morning dudes!
Yes, I believe B & A's stag is at Gavan's.
Anyways - it was a GREAT New Year's Eve at Gavan's! Not a big crowd, but we made the best of it with the people that were there. Sarah - you'll have to see my pics, got 'em developed yesterday...some pretty funny ones!
Anyways, I have SOOOO much stuff to get caught up on...have a good one!

Sarah said...

haha - can you burn them on a cd for me too? I can give you a cd - Im sure they are hilarious!!

As for today - im listening/watching the game on the net - mouahahhaa

Sara said...

hi
Happy New Year to everyone!
Graham did not get stag tickets until Sunday night at Adam's new years party...and everyone got tickets to sell. i don't think it means if you have tickets you're in the wedding! Graham doesn't think he's in it actually. Brandon hasn't said anything about it.

Sara said...

oh, I forgot to say cool beans that Laura and Rob are going to tie the knot! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh I thought Graham was in the wedding. I am so confused. Anyways, this day bites!

Sara said...

I know Sharon...Graham is confused too! One minute Brandon would say he was in it, then we'd hear that other ppl were. I heard you left Shawn's Friday night..i left the party early the next night. I felt sick all week-end actually. I barely made it until 12 to ring in the new year!
Jill- i fogot to give you back your movies yesterday.. sorry!

Jill said...

Sara: Don't worry about the movies! I watched Step Up last night again, I just love it! Glad you got registered on the Blog...Hope it wasn't too much of a pain in the ass!

Anonymous said...

Well the only reason I left Shawns was because I didn't drink and I was really tired... it was no biggie... I didn't even stay awake to ring in the new year...

BLA I want to go home so bad!