Friday, December 23, 2011

2011 Review Extravaganza: Part 3

Friday!  That means it’s time for the July-August-September installment of the 2011 Review Extravaganza!

Please visit Emmymom, CA Girl, Emilisq, Grumpy Grateful Mom, Impulsive Addict, Janette of Johanson Journey, MiMi Living in France, or Runner Mom – all are lovely hosts of this 2011 Recap-a-thon!!

2011buttonblue200

Part 1 can be found here.

Part 2 can be found here.

***

July has always been one of my favourite months of the year.  This year, I kicked off the month by sharing a kabillion pictures, showing off how great my Canada Day Weekend was!

Then I whined about being single.  AGAIN.  This time I bashed the whole Internet dating crap.  (And no, I haven’t tried it since!!!)

I took a moment on July 26th to reflect on the first anniversary of my cousin Jeff’s passing.

And then, two days later, I celebrated my 28th birthday by sharing with you the tale of my best birthday present ever.

Jill & Wade

Yes.  Wade Redden was DEFINITELY my best birthday present EVER!!!

In early August, I recapped the weekend of birthday celebrations.  It was tons of fun and completely made up for the fact that last year my birthday was spent amidst aching sadness.

On August 8th, I wrote another post looking back on one year ago, when my cousin Troy passed away.

I took a week’s vacation of doing nothing other than bumming around home.  I went for a walk one day and decided to show my readers around my town!  Of course, one of biggest “claims to fame” is our giant Elvis…

IMG_3644

On August 15th, we welcomed another new baby to the family when my cousin Dillon was born!!

clip_image005

I told  you all about how I almost killed my fishI started my diet.  (Yes, the one I’m still working on!  Woo hoo!  I’ve actually stuck with this one more than a week!)  And I FINALLY (after only about six years of blogging) reached 50 followers and celebrated by throwing my very first GIVEAWAY!! :)

IMG_3736

I finally discovered The Hunger Games – I  became completely swept up in the series, reading all 3 books in about a 2-week span - and I also fell in love with The Help.

It was also in August that I kicked off the 4-part “Meet the Flyers” series leading up to the GOFL Final Weekend Showdown, starting with the Coach, Albie, Bakeshop, & Tron.   Moving into September, I  continued on to introduce you to Timmy Ball Player, Gerv and Micksburg; Coon, Hatty and Mo; Shab, Toad, and my own little brother.  These posts garnered me favourable reviews from most of the players, although they weren’t too thrilled that I posted some of their mustache pics…

clip_image007

clip_image008

clip_image009

clip_image010

clip_image011

clip_image012

(Sorry, boys.  I just had to do it again.)

I checked in on the Labour Day Monday to share that I DIDN’T EAT ANY FAIR FOOD and to brag about my adorable baby cousins.

clip_image014

I wrote another Single Girl Files post, this time talking about standards.  Hey, mine might be too high, but at least it prevents me from dating Ichabod Crane.

clip_image015

I commemorated the 10-year anniversary of 9/11 by sharing my “Where were you?” story.

And it’s hard to believe – because it feels like it was only a few weeks ago – but CBC’s Battle of the Blades premiered it’s new season, and I threw my support behind David Pelletier and Tessa Bonhomme.  (You’ll find out in October that I quickly switched allegiances.   I’m fickle like that.)

david

Mainly, I just thought David was hot.  (Still do.)

***

Wow.  Those were some action-packed months!!  Next Friday I will be posting my final Year in Review post…Stay tuned! :)

5 comments:

Stacie said...

I've been thinking about reading The Hunger Games series, but was worried it might be super violent. Is it? The movie trailer looks great!

Emmy said...

Those were good months! Sounds like you found the right diet for you too - so awesome you are still sticking with it. That Elvis is huge! Thanks so much for linking up again. Got your point recorded.

Beth W said...

A busy year, for sure! And congrats on still sticking with the diet. :D

Impulsive Addict said...

I went back and read about your internet dating disaster. OMG! You poor girl. What about the dude that you knew? Did he ever contact you again? I wish I lived closer. I have played match maker for several of our friends. I'm kinda good at it. I would totally take you on a few not-so-blind dates. I want you to find LOVE! Or maybe it will be with one of those cute boys that you're friends with!

Thanks for linking up with us! Have a GREAT Christmas!!!!!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh, I got swept up in the Hunger Games too. And I just came from you hometown post. Oddly, your hometown reminded me a lot of my small hometown back in Iowa. Though, we didn't have a large Elvis--that's so cool! Glad you got to spend some quality time together. :)