Monday, December 19, 2011

Accessorize Me Swap + Fun-Filled Festive Weekend!

Wow!  What a busy weekend THAT was!

But before I dive into all the Christmassy fun, I wanted to share with you the package of goodies I received in the mail last week!

A while back, one of my favourite fellow bloggers, Lena @ Mom2MemphisAndRuby, announced that she was going to hold an “Accessorize Me” Swap, and I jumped at the chance to take part!  

I was paired up with Lisa @ Organized Chaos, and I had a blast choosing pieces to send her.  (You can read her post about what she got here.)  I was a little worried when, over two weeks after mailing Lisa’s package, she hadn’t received it yet…I was afraid it was lost in the mail somewhere, especially after I received hers and mine still hadn’t turned up.

Luckily, Lisa thought to check her front door last week and found it wedged there!  Phewf!!

This is the package I received:

IMG_4343

I was so thrilled with what she sent me.  Everything was so lovely and unique!

IMG_4348

I especially loved the long, dangling necklace and matching earrings.

IMG_4354

This bracelet is just perfect for Christmas!  It even matches my current nail polish! haha! (OPI’s “Wocka Wocka” from the Muppet collection!)

IMG_4358

And I love that Lisa made this necklace & memory coil bracelet herself.  The little charm on the necklace, along with the bird, says “LAUGH” – I think it suits me to a “T”!! :)

IMG_4349 

Thank you so much, Lisa!  You did a fantastic job choosing these beautiful pieces.  I love everything you sent me and can’t wait to wear them!!  You were a GREAT Swap partner! xo

Thanks also to Lena for hosting such a fun Swap! :)  Looking forward to the next one!

Now…onto the holiday festivities of the weekend!

Friday evening, after picking up some groceries and making some Frosting Fudge, I headed over to Luke & Amanda’s with a plate of goodies.  We watched the Sens beat the Pens (Woo hoo!!) and had a great night chatting and snacking!

Saturday was a crazy-busy one.  I got up early to start cleaning my house, then had to leave by 10:30 to go to my hair appointment.  A few hours later, I was back home to finish the cleaning and get my food ready to head off to my annual Friends’ Pot Luck & Decoration Exchange at Sara & Graham’s.  We had a blast!  I somehow managed to forget my camera at home, though (after I juiced up the batteries and everything!  dammit!) so I’m stealing some pics from Stacy’s blog. :)

Christmas Party 002 That’s me with the decorations I received in the exchange.  Love them!

 Christmas Party 001

Big smiles from our littlest party guests, Charlotte & Maddy

As you guys *may* have heard, my current “impossible crush” is Ottawa Senators forward Chris Neil.  So imagine my delight when Evan showed up at our party sporting a Chris Neil sweater!

It took a few seconds to click, though, in my brain, that Evan is a Leafs fan, and was sporting the sweater because we were supposed to be wearing Ugly Sweaters to this party.

Ha.  Funny.

Anyways, after Evan discarded his “ugly sweater”  I put it on and pretended it was mine.  And it was the most wonderful thing I’ve worn since my Wade Redden sweater…

Christmas Party 010 I told “Santa” yesterday that I’d like Neil’s name and number on the Heritage jersey he’s getting me for Christmas.  And then “Santa” told me not to hold my breath.  *sigh*

Yesterday was again jam-packed with all things fun & festive.  It was our Christmas Pageant at church, and I, once again, got to be an angel.  (I end up being an angel I think every year…)

Following the Pageant, I invited the congregation over to my house for snacks, sweets, coffee, tea & juice.  For a few hours, my home was bursting at the seams as people milled about snacking & socializing, while the kids settled in front of the TV to watch Mickey’s Christmas Carol.

I also received a pleasant surprise when my Uncle Elson & Aunt Nora showed up unexpectedly!  It was so nice visiting with them and catching up, as they just returned from a cruise.

So that’s it…The last weekend before Christmas, in the books!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

So this is the week when I start finding it difficult to sleep at night; when my eyes start popping open too early in the mornings.  When my mind is filled with the thoughts of the movies I still have left to watch; the good food that is going to be around (that I’m going to try to avoid at all costs); the presents that will be opened; the family gatherings that warm my heart; the Coconut Song on Christmas Eve…

It’s all coming barreling at us, full-speed ahead…

I.can’t.wait.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

So your picture's in this post (of you) vs that welcome picture you have up top! Hunny, you can see a huge difference in your face. (I hope that sounds good and not mean... b/c I mean for it to sound good, just sayin)

And I'm not ready for Christmas to be here b/c once it's here and gone, we're stuck with boring ole January. I think I'm a glass is half empty person this time of year... LOL

Anonymous said...

Aww-- I wish I knew about this little swap! I love me some accessorizing!! Cute stuff.

Sounds like a great weekend tho!

Nancy said...

Thanks for the party, Jillian! It was fun, and the food was delicious. That was a such a kind gesture...inviting the whole congregation to your house! BTW your snowflakes are spectacular! Great way to start Chritmas Week!

Lindsay said...

Ha ha I laugh still thinking about when Evan walked in with the jersey on and you gave him the thumbs up before you realized..ha haha! Such a great weekend! Wish I could of make it to your place after church! Sounds like it was a blast! xo

Amy said...

This post made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Merry Christmas Jill!

Beth W said...

Awwww....yay! :D

Evan said...

I am so glad that you liked everything I sent. Very Fun...I'd do a swap again in a heartbeat! Looks like you had a great weekend!
~Lisa @ O.C.

Lisa @ Organized Chaos said...

Sorry I left you that comment from my husbands account...lol! It's really from me!
~Lisa @ O.C.