Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Let’s Talk…Christmas. Boots. Stuff. Whatever.

Feeling a little random this Tuesday.  Lots of things floating through my brains.  So let’s just go with it, shall we?

Linking it up for Talk To Us Tuesday, the no-rules, just-talk weekly meme hosted by Impulsive Addict and Shawn.

Talk2Us

  • So we’ll start with the Christmas shopping.  I got mine ALMOST ALL DONE on Saturday.  Woooo hooooooooooo!!  Only my dad left to shop for – he, the man who hates getting presents, is kind of tricky.  Otherwise, I think I’ve got it.  Including stocking stuffers.  And lots of baking supplies.   BIG accomplishment.  God bless WalMart.
  • You know what else I bought on Saturday?  A present for my mom to give me.  And that would be BOOTS.  Yes, I finally got a flippin’ pair of boots, praise the Lord.  The boot shopping was making me frustrated and sweaty, and Brenda had to keep telling me to relax, so I was quite delighted when I finally found a pair of boots at Aldo, marked down from $70 to $59.95, and sitting on a 30% off rack.  Super.  Let’s do this.  So when an Aldo girl finally asks if she can help me, I hold out my boot of choice, and say, “Can I try these in a 9?”  And she kind of smiles, and says, “Actually, that’s a child’s boot.”  “A CHILD’S BOOT?!  ARE YOU FRIGGIN’ KIDDING ME?!?”  There was nothing to indicate that this was a child’s boot.  It was black and stylish and no sign of Dora or Disney Princesses anywhere.  What kind of children shop at Aldo anyways?!?
    She may have sensed that I was about to explode in a red-faced, sweaty, frustrated mess, so she quickly said, “Yes, but they’re made big, I’m a size 9 and I fit in the size 8 in a child’s boot, so if you’d like to try an 8?”  Yes, please, get me an effin’ 8.  And wonder of wonders, they fit.  And they were cool.  And I like them.  And Brenda liked them.  And my mother liked that with all the discounts, they were less than $50.  Everybody wins.  Let’s all just forget that I bought kids boots, OK?
  • Breaking Dawn Part 1, Round 2 = equally as fun as Round 1.  And I liked Jacob a lot more after watching it the second time.  I was also pleased that I didn’t have a crazy Twi-Hard beside me this time.  There was a pair of feet that kept dangling down right beside me from the row above that I found mildly distracting, but at least they didn’t smell bad.   Sharon, unfortunately, got a couple of chatterboxes beside her.  We might have to go see it again.  (KIDDING, MOM.  I’m KIDDING!!)
  • Anybody notice something, over there, on the sidebar?  ---->  See my weight tracker??  See how it’s creeping ever-so-close to 30 lbs. lost?  This delights me in ways you cannot imagine.  I’m feeling so damned good about losing weight.  I dug out a box of old clothes marked “Too Small” on Sunday.  And…well…many of them are still too small.  But we’re getting there.
  • I was so excited when I got home last night to find that my package from Taren in the Favourite Things Christmas Swap hosted by Leigh and Lindsey had arrived!  I’ll devote a post to it later this week.  Thanks Taren, I loved my box of goodies!
  • I watched parts of How the Grinch Stole Christmas last night on TV. The Jim Carrey version.  I had only seen it once before, when it first came out, and I thought it sucked.  I thought I might have changed my mind over the years…but nope.  Still my least-favourite Christmas movie that I’ve ever seen.  But I love the cartoon.
  • Thus far, I’ve watched A Christmas Carol (also the Jim Carrey version), Home Alone, and Four Christmases, as well as “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”, and “Santa Clause is Coming to Town” on TV.  I’m dying to watch Elf, but I keep putting it off because it’s my favourite and I want to save it.
  • A couple of weeks ago, I bought a Yoga DVD, because I’ve really been enjoying my Wednesday night Yoga classes with my soon-to-be sister-in-law Amanda.  I figured if I could do a Yoga DVD at home once or twice a week, it might help me get more bendy and into the Yoga thing.  The night I got it in the mail from Amazon, I put it on and huffed and puffed through 10 minutes, got mad and shut it off.  I hated it and thought, “Well, I guess I can’t do Yoga unless I have Amanda.”  Last night, I gave the DVD another shot, and it turns out I actually really liked it.  Looked like a tool, I’m sure, but it wasn’t as horrible as I thought.  Definitely more pleasant than that bitch Jillian Michaels and her stupid 30 Day Shred.

Okay!  So that’s the Tuesday mish-mash that is my brain today.  Hope you enjoyed. :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Four Christmases and Elf - my favorite ones! I wanna watch them both right now but I don't own Elf :(

Stacie said...

I LOVE answering the phone with "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" this time of year. I get so excited when I see a number I recognize on caller ID--it really is the little things!

Nicole said...

Hey, my Nike Shocks are little boys shoes... and I actually had a store sales clerk point that out at a store I didn't even buy them in... it's all good :)

VandyJ said...

We've been avoiding the Christmas movies--we did the marathon Harry Potter on ABCFamily last weekend. Oh, and we watched the Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas special, but really haven't pushed the Christmas movies yet. There still time.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on almost finishing your Christmas shopping AND losing 30 pounds!!! Awesome!!!!

The boots story is hilarious!! That has happened to me a couple of times, too. They must be making kids clothing a lot more similar to adult's these days.

Amanda said...

Congrats on the weight lost! Awesome work!

I love ELF, we watched it Saturday after putting our x-mas tree up. Piper seemed to enjoy parts of it. and Chris was laughing because I was crying at the end....

Anonymous said...

I have been known to buy kids' sizes on occasion; who cares, right?

Anonymous said...

I need to go boot shopping really bad. My old boots are crap now and they keep my feet freezing cold!

Emmy said...

Elf is a great one- but sadly my kids don't like it-yet, just a little too young to get it, so I get stuck watching Rudolph and the Grinch (cartoon version) and Charlie Brown Christmas over and over again.

We had the theater to ourselves other than one couple when we saw it the second time. :)

Yea for boots and who cares if they are kids boots- probably $30 cheaper than if they had been adult ones

Impulsive Addict said...

A KIDS SIZE?? Wow! Good for you. And they were on sale which is Bonus! I clicked the boots link and apparently, I need new boots. I was drooling over them.

Congrats on losing weight. I'm doing the opposite. As I sit here typing instead of exercising. UGH. Jillian is a bitch. I hate her and her shred. I have Bob's Yoga video that's never been opened. I also have P90X. It's collecting dust. I'm not sure what happened to my motivation but it's dwindling. GIVE ME MOTIVATION!

Thanks for linking up, Sweets! xoxo

Robin said...

I have a couple of yoga dvds and I just know I look odd. The cats "help" me or maybe they just like to lay on the blanket I use.

Mrs. Match said...

Jillian Michaels is an idiot. Her workouts aren't even that good. She just bugs me and I could swim in her nostrils. Just sayin.

I'm having a heck of a time buying a present for my MIL. She buys us SO much stuff, and I keep telling her not to. She's really good at it too. I have no clue what to get her. It's daunting. I'm jealous you're almost done.

Connie said...

YAY for new boots! Aldo is having a great sale!

Jillian said...

I love when Aldo has sales!! I haven't watched any Christmas movies yet but honestly a combination of events when I was 16 have led me to intensely dislike christmas movies (Four Christmases scarred me for life and then I spent practically all of December watching way too many Christmas movies in English class). I do have a soft spot for the home alone movies though

Shawn said...

I just started shopping yesterday and am about 80% done. Go-me!

I love, love, love boots but cannot wear them since I have man-calves and can't find a pair that will zip without causing a serious circulation problem.

27 pounds! I am so proud of you, I lost 8 before Thanksgiving...sadly, it found me again. I hate eating healthy!

Thanks for linking up with us, we will love you forever now!