Feeling a little random this Tuesday. Lots of things floating through my brains. So let’s just go with it, shall we?
- So we’ll start with the Christmas shopping. I got mine ALMOST ALL DONE on Saturday. Woooo hooooooooooo!! Only my dad left to shop for – he, the man who hates getting presents, is kind of tricky. Otherwise, I think I’ve got it. Including stocking stuffers. And lots of baking supplies. BIG accomplishment. God bless WalMart.
- You know what else I bought on Saturday? A present for my mom to give me. And that would be BOOTS. Yes, I finally got a flippin’ pair of boots, praise the Lord. The boot shopping was making me frustrated and sweaty, and Brenda had to keep telling me to relax, so I was quite delighted when I finally found a pair of boots at Aldo, marked down from $70 to $59.95, and sitting on a 30% off rack. Super. Let’s do this. So when an Aldo girl finally asks if she can help me, I hold out my boot of choice, and say, “Can I try these in a 9?” And she kind of smiles, and says, “Actually, that’s a child’s boot.” “A CHILD’S BOOT?! ARE YOU FRIGGIN’ KIDDING ME?!?” There was nothing to indicate that this was a child’s boot. It was black and stylish and no sign of Dora or Disney Princesses anywhere. What kind of children shop at Aldo anyways?!?
She may have sensed that I was about to explode in a red-faced, sweaty, frustrated mess, so she quickly said, “Yes, but they’re made big, I’m a size 9 and I fit in the size 8 in a child’s boot, so if you’d like to try an 8?” Yes, please, get me an effin’ 8. And wonder of wonders, they fit. And they were cool. And I like them. And Brenda liked them. And my mother liked that with all the discounts, they were less than $50. Everybody wins. Let’s all just forget that I bought kids boots, OK?
- Breaking Dawn Part 1, Round 2 = equally as fun as Round 1. And I liked Jacob a lot more after watching it the second time. I was also pleased that I didn’t have a crazy Twi-Hard beside me this time. There was a pair of feet that kept dangling down right beside me from the row above that I found mildly distracting, but at least they didn’t smell bad. Sharon, unfortunately, got a couple of chatterboxes beside her. We might have to go see it again. (KIDDING, MOM. I’m KIDDING!!)
- Anybody notice something, over there, on the sidebar? ----> See my weight tracker?? See how it’s creeping ever-so-close to 30 lbs. lost? This delights me in ways you cannot imagine. I’m feeling so damned good about losing weight. I dug out a box of old clothes marked “Too Small” on Sunday. And…well…many of them are still too small. But we’re getting there.
- I was so excited when I got home last night to find that my package from Taren in the Favourite Things Christmas Swap hosted by Leigh and Lindsey had arrived! I’ll devote a post to it later this week. Thanks Taren, I loved my box of goodies!
- I watched parts of How the Grinch Stole Christmas last night on TV. The Jim Carrey version. I had only seen it once before, when it first came out, and I thought it sucked. I thought I might have changed my mind over the years…but nope. Still my least-favourite Christmas movie that I’ve ever seen. But I love the cartoon.
- Thus far, I’ve watched A Christmas Carol (also the Jim Carrey version), Home Alone, and Four Christmases, as well as “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”, and “Santa Clause is Coming to Town” on TV. I’m dying to watch Elf, but I keep putting it off because it’s my favourite and I want to save it.
- A couple of weeks ago, I bought a Yoga DVD, because I’ve really been enjoying my Wednesday night Yoga classes with my soon-to-be sister-in-law Amanda. I figured if I could do a Yoga DVD at home once or twice a week, it might help me get more bendy and into the Yoga thing. The night I got it in the mail from Amazon, I put it on and huffed and puffed through 10 minutes, got mad and shut it off. I hated it and thought, “Well, I guess I can’t do Yoga unless I have Amanda.” Last night, I gave the DVD another shot, and it turns out I actually really liked it. Looked like a tool, I’m sure, but it wasn’t as horrible as I thought. Definitely more pleasant than that bitch Jillian Michaels and her stupid 30 Day Shred.
Okay! So that’s the Tuesday mish-mash that is my brain today. Hope you enjoyed. :)