- This past Monday night was the annual Christmas House Tour, which I help to organize as a fundraiser for our church. This year, we had five beautiful and very different homes open their doors to us, and everyone did an amazing job. This fundraiser has kind of been my baby for the past few years, as I start in September trying to find homeowners in our community willing to let 100+ people in their doors to see their homes and decorations. We only ask them to decorate as they normally would for the holidays, but people always seem to go the extra mile for it, and I truly appreciate how hard they all work to make this fundraiser for our church a continued success each year. It is such a fun evening going from house to house, oohing and ahhing over the beautiful decor and neat ideas (it amazes me that people come up with new and clever ideas each year!). This year, we had enough goodies and gifts donated to have three separate draws, and we also had a generous donation of gorgeous handmade wooden Christmas ornaments that we were able to sell, and they were a big hit. The generosity of our church family and community as a whole always makes me so proud.
- Now that the planning and execution of the House Tour is over, I can relax and enjoy the season even more. I should get one more big check off the ol' To-Do List tomorrow, as I have the day booked off to finish up my Christmas shopping. I really only need a few stocking stuffers, and some wrapping essentials. But I always enjoy a trip to the mall during the holiday season, to soak up the sights & sounds. And I love when all of that part is completely finished, and I can anticipate the part that I REALLY love - THE WRAPPING!! I still have 2 parcels to arrive by mail, and fingers crossed they appear within the next week, because I have next weekend booked for my wrapping extravaganza. I love turning my living room into my elf workshop, putting on Christmas movies, sipping on rum & egg nog, while wrapping away all day. Bliss!!
- Oh, I also do still have one Christmas gift to finish making, too! Actually, 2 of them. I have to finish crocheting a blanket, and then I have to weave in the ends on it and another blanket I made earlier this fall. That, so far, is the only part of crocheting that I despise... weaving in the ends. Ugh. I'm going to work my little buns off to get that all done this weekend, though.
- Last night, I did one of my favourite things to do in the kitchen - melt and swirl chocolate for my Christmas bark! Sadly, I was only able to make two of the three kinds I make annually because I way underestimated how much white chocolate I would need. Back to the Bulk Barn I go tomorrow!
- Tomorrow evening is our Christmas book club dinner and meeting, Saturday our town is having the annual Santa Claus Parade, and Sunday is the White Gift service at church. All fun and festive things going on! My mom and I are also planning to bake on Saturday, a little tradition we just started last year when I asked her to teach me to make my grandma's iced sugar cookies. They are a big job for one person, but it goes so much better with two tackling the job! Overall though, it's a less busy weekend than last weekend, and for that, I'm so grateful!
- I kind of over-booked my evenings for next week, which I'm disappointed about now, as I've reached the point of the month when I just want to hunker and squeeze in as many Christmas shows and movies as possible. Tuesday evening I have a hair appointment, Wednesday I booked in for a Pound workout demo, and Thursday is curling. But once those evenings are over, things will calm down a little bit. The way the weeks fall this year still leaves me plenty of down-time before Christmas to do my hunkering and last-minute preparing. I'll be OK. I know I will. lol!
- One thing that I'm NOT looking forward to? I still have lots of LYNNDONNE work to do. ugh! Do you know what a pain it is to drag around a giant elf and try to think of new and funny things for him to do? I'm glad people seem to enjoy him, but I'm not sure Lynndonne will be coming off the shelf next year!
- Have I mentioned it's snowing? It is. Right now, as I type. Oh God, how I'm praying for a White Christmas!!
OK, I think that's it for today folks! Hope you are all feeling festive and excited!! :)