Thursday, December 02, 2010

The Sexiest Christmas Song Everrrrr

So, many of my friends in the Blogosphere have been taking part in a 12 Day Christmas Challenge, which I would have liked to take part in but wasn't on the ball enough to get my act together in time to jump in on Day 1 with the rest of them. It seems the holiday season kind of crept up on me this year, and I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to write blogs about Christmas two weeks ago.

But now it's December. Now, I'm ready to go. Bring on the wrapping paper and bows, the multiple viewings of The Grinch and Elf, the chocolate cookie bark and gingerbread houses, the trees and lights...Bring on the Christmas season!

Today, they're all talking about their favourite Christmas songs. I've had my iTunes Christmas playlist on rotation for the past week, and today I even added some new additions thanks to getting some new ideas for downloads from Kelly's list on her blog (thanks Kelly!)

I've got lots of favourites. Too many to choose from.

But I've got a little twist on the topic, and my question to you is this: What do think is the sexiest Christmas song?

I think there are a few heavy contenders out there. For instance, "Santa Baby" by Madonna. Pretty slinky and sexy, right?

How about "Baby It's Cold Outside" - I'm thinkin' the Rod Stewart/Dolly Parton version, but any rendition will do. Conjures up images of snuggling by fires, wrapped up in blankets, while a snowstorm rages outdoors...oh yeah, baby!!

And of course, there's one of my all-time faves, Elvis crooning "Blue Christmas" - and I especially love the recent release of Martina McBride joining him in singing it. Super hawt. (But I think I might be a little biased, considering my crazy Elvis obsession. Young Elvis is so yummy...)


However, there's one Christmas song that takes the #1 spot in my world. Every time I hear it, it almost gives me goosebumps. It's that sexy. And these honours belong to Bruce Springsteen with his holiday hit, "Merry Christmas Baby". I luuuuuuuuuurve it!!


After watching the video Lindsay posted on her blog today of Wayne Rostad's classic "Christmas in the Valley", I had a hard time not putting him on the list. I mean, just go check out Wayne's sexy 'stache and the way he leans against the building whilst strumming his guitar...Drool-worthy, ladies. Absolutely drool-worthy. ;)

Got a song that you think tops The Boss for Sexiest Christmas Song Everrrrrr? Share it in the comments section!

Enjoy the tunes!!

8 comments:

Stacy said...

uummm...never really thought of this as most of my favorite christmas songs are done by women and i don't find it really sexy....and well you know I'm not a fan of Elvis so I don't think that is sexy....uuumm...I have to really think about this
**so after googling "sexy christmas songs" - nothing tickled my fancy...
maybe - I WANT A HIPPOPOTAMUS FOR CHRISTMAS...now THAT is HOT!! LOL
***I bet you have it stuck in your head now too***

Jill said...

HAHAHA!! Well, I wish a handsome man would sing that to me - I'd say, "Pick me, pick me!!" ...yeah, I know, the confidence thing again...lol ;)

Nicole said...

Hmmmm Not sure I've ever heard Merry Christmas Baby... I might have to look that one up!

Is it Baby it's Cold Outside that they sing in Elf? That's my husband's fave. He loves that girls voice.

Lindsay said...

MMmm....Wayne's 'stache always gets me hot and bothered...ha ha!!! And when he has his one leg up against the fire place....hubba, hubba.

Jill said...

@Nicole: Yep, that's the one! The actress in that movie who sings it with Will Ferrell is Zooey Deschanel! Love it - and my favourite Christmas movie too!!

@Linds: Please, it's too much! Stop!! LOL

Mandy said...

Jill,

I love Blue Christmas and Merry Christmas Baby too, both are my xmas favorites :)

nancy said...

Definately "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"
nancy

Brenda said...

Not your traditional Christmas song, but a must play...Christmas in Jamaica, Toni Braxton feat. Shaggy. Love it, Toni has always been a favorite of mine, but both their sexy voices and the sexy beat singing about being in Jamaica with that someone special...very SEXY.